Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Power Lift Gate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy is tapping the 12V that gets disabled unless Sentry Mode is on?... Why? I'm not sure the concern over killing the 12V battery is valid considering you only use significant power when the liftgate is actually running. Dashcams draw watts of power while off, hence why they're killing batteries. I haven't measured it, but I don't think the control box is going to be pulling the same amount off the 12V.

B85D1F45-6306-45F3-AFC3-F3FA021DC10D.jpeg
BC210FA5-302B-423F-A35C-0D64E57A676F.jpeg
Raymond came and installed the lift gate for me - took about 3.5 hours and works great!

Reactions: Kirby64
Well after one week the lift gate isn’t working now hopefully Raymond can fix it soon!
Just out of curiosity, how is it not working? Is it not opening or closing?
For mine I had an issue with it not latching on close and had to adjust the latch so it was a bit higher than where I first had it. I did the install myself but I’m curious if there are other issues I should be looking out for... otherwise so far so good with mine after about 2 weeks now. I still have to install the foot sensor though.

• Helpful
Reactions: WilliamG
Basically looks like the unit isn't being powered on - the lights to the buttons are off and the lift gate won't raise/lower the trunk. I can hear the latch unlock if I use the app/tesla screen but the buttons don't do anything. Hopefully maybe a loose wire - Raymond's coming back to take a look later this week.

0EEF9997-D402-4D27-8246-FECEBC6253B3.jpeg
2E5E9F7A-B2A7-490E-818C-85F46193F5E7.jpeg
So looks like the fuse for the control unit blew - Raymond said some cars had power supply issues so he routed the power line to the aux 12v battery and replaced the control unit - now everything works again! Thanks again Raymond! He was incredibly busy during his short trip here (30 or so installs - 5 yesterday) and came at 11pm last night to fix mine - I appreciated a lot!

Reactions: comraddan