Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model 3 Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The best time to protect your new car is when it's BRAND NEW. The very best way to protect your car is wrapping it in self healing, hydrophobic and extremely glossy STEK DYNOshield. DYNOshield is infused with a nano coating during the manufacturing process making it the easiest to maintain finish of any PPF (Paint Protection Film). With over 200 Tesla full body wraps under our belt you can be confident that your Model 3 will be protected with the best by the best.

Check out our video showing our installation.

The best time to protect your new car is when it's BRAND NEW. The very best way to protect your car is wrapping it in self healing, hydrophobic and extremely glossy STEK DYNOshield. DYNOshield is infused with a nano coating during the manufacturing process making it the easiest to maintain finish of any PPF (Paint Protection Film). With over 200 Tesla full body wraps under our belt you can be confident that your Model 3 will be protected with the best by the best.

Check out our video showing our installation.

Any chance you can share how much such a service costs on a model 3 at your shop?

Thanks

I'd be very interested in that as well...a rough price for a full wrap, separate price for a full ceramic coating and then a full tint job with full coverage on the rear window. Obviously they would just be ballparks, but I'd love to get a rough idea of what each type of work would cost. Thanks in advance.

I'd be very interested in that as well...a rough price for a full wrap, separate price for a full ceramic coating and then a full tint job with full coverage on the rear window. Obviously they would just be ballparks, but I'd love to get a rough idea of what each type of work would cost. Thanks in advance.

Yeah I will be impressed if they are willing to give a price list! Do a lot of detail places offer opti coat or ceramic coating around here?

A full body wrap on a Model 3 is $9K plus the cost of new Tesla badges on the front and the rear and they cost around $30 each. We do not offer a quick turn around installation using computer cut patterns, we work extremely hard to minimize seams and provide the very highest quality installation on the market. STEK DYNOshield is backed by a 10 year warranty and we also offer "free film maintenance for life", this means when you bring your car to our maintenance center www.metropolitandetailexpress.com for a hand wash we will apply a maintenance sealant over all of the film at no additional charge. This will help to protect the film even further and make cleaning off bugs and tar a breeze.

Here is our FREE Tesla Loaner car you can use while the work is performed:

A full body wrap takes about a week to complete.

ChrisH asked about Ceramic Coatings, we offer both CQuartz and GTECHNIQ ceramic nano coatings in our shop. DYNOshield is infused during the manufacturing process with a nano coating so the additional charge for applying such a product is not necessary when it is new.

I hope this helps!

John Kleven

• Informative
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
No doubt it looks awesome. But I suspect you will find fewer takers for $10k coating on $50k 3 than on $100k+ S and X. Is there any other $50k car people are widely paying $9k to protect?

I went through this dilemma with my 3. My S is wrapped and nano-coated. Could not rationalize with 3. Just did the nano. I understand the difference.

No doubt it looks awesome. But I suspect you will find fewer takers for $10k coating on $50k 3 than on $100k+ S and X. Is there any other $50k car people are widely paying $9k to protect?

I went through this dilemma with my 3. My S is wrapped and nano-coated. Could not rationalize with 3. Just did the nano. I understand the difference.

You’re absolutely right about that. We have already wrapped 5 Model 3’s and have another coming in on Monday and a few more on th calendar. I think due to the cost and labor involved the percentage of full body wrap clients will be less, however we all know that these cars have soft paint and tend to accumulate a fair amount of rock chips and for some, their ocd personality just can’t deal with swirl marks and rock chips and at this time no other product can fulfill these needs. The Model 3 is priced the same as the S and X but actually requires more time, skill and film used actually due to the complex rear hatch, rocker panel/quarter panel design despite it being a smaller car.

When shopping for a full front wrap or a full body wrap, do your investigative work and go visit the shops in your area. Just like surgeons, painters and programmers, paint protection film installs are NOT all the same.

John Kleven

The vehicle John is referring to above is our red Model 3, which I dropped off at their shop on Monday and hope to pick up tomorrow, Friday. Metro Detail has applied a full wrap to both Model S vehicles I have owned. I don't believe I have an OCD personality ( :) ), but I do appreciate how clean and beautiful the vehicle looks, the 95% of the time I keep it washed. Yes, $9K plus tax is no small amount of money, but the thought of not treating the less expensive but equally beautiful Model 3 to a wrap is something I know I would probably regret, daily. (Well, maybe yes on the OCD thing...) Once you've had a nice car wrapped, and see what a difference it can make, its hard not to wrap future vehicles of the same caliber.

As John recommends, have your vehicle wrapped when it is brand new. We picked up our Model 3 Friday noon and had it to John's shop by 9am Monday.
IMG_0380.jpg

Reactions: ChrisH
Metropolitan Detail, do you have any recommendations for local powder-coaters? I'm looking at getting the upgraded Model 3 wheels but want them to be black.

tblisscoug, we don't send out wheels for powdercoating but have seen pretty good results from the team at Mukilteo Powdercoating. Something to keep in mind however when powdercoating is that if you accidentally curb damage a wheel, in order for the wheel to be repaired via powdercoating again, it must be fixed by stripping off the old powdercoating and filling in the damaged areas by welding, grinding down flat and re-powdercoating. This can be VERY costly. If you choose to paint the wheels, it is quite a bit more money up front, but if a wheel gets curb damaged it can be fixed much easier as the repair can be filled with a two part epoxy and painted over. If you want your wheels sent out for paint I can do that for you here at Metropolitan Detail and the turn around time is usually about 3-4 days.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

John Kleven