TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 READY TO CONFIGURE

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by evforme, May 5, 2018.

1. evforme

evforme Member

I have a second Tesla Model 3 reservation ready to configure for sale. I live in the bay area, but the purchaser does not have to be in the bay area -- they will deliver it to your nearest Tesla location (I know this because I actually bought my own Model 3 reservation off of someone else while waiting for this one, I got it off of someone living in So Cal).

You can log into my account, configure the car and buy it in your name. This will ensure you get the $7,500 federal tax credit (and any state credits that may be applicable).

Buyer will pay $2,500 -- $1,000 for the deposit (goes towards the car), and $1,500 to me.

2. Tess LA

Tess LA Member

does this really work for the tax credit? Can anyone else besides the seller confirm? I've read all sorts of warnings about losing the tax credit and not being able to get your name on the registration through someone else's account.

3. Drax

Drax Member

@Tess LA The tax credit would be passed along provided you’re the first actual owner of the car. Having the initial reservation in someone else’s name doesn’t make any difference. :)

4. wes5288

wes5288 New Member

I'm interested in purchasing this from you although I have concerns. What would prevent you from just changing the reservation after I have paid you the money for it and putting it back under your name?

5. evforme

evforme Member

@wes5288 that's not possible. The name you enter is "finalized" once you submit payment, it's not editable and it is what gets sent to the DMV for registration. Happy to chat more on the phone if you'd like.

• Like x 1
  6. evforme

evforme Member

@Tess LA , Drax is correct. As long as your name is on the DMV registration, you get the tax credit. I did this myself to get my own Model 3 a few months early (I got mine back in January by purchasing another person's reservation)

7. wes5288

wes5288 New Member

I would love to chat with you more regarding this. I will direct message you my personal cell phone number. Thanks!