Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Review | Part One | Driving Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TLDW

1) Yes! 20in Turbines
2) 5.1s 0-60 is conservative, lighter wheels and better tires can improve this.
3) The stock all-season tires perform as you would expect from all-season tires. Understeer bias. UHP tires are an improvement for warm weather driving and balance the performance of the car better.
4) The suspension is execellent
5) Low center of gravity makes the car feel lighter.
6) 48% front and 52% rear weight distribution feels good on a RWD car and allows you to get on the power early coming out of corners.
7) The handling feels more like a sports car than a sedan which makes you feel confident when you're pushing the cars performance.
8) 30-60 feels faster than 0-30 either due to software or gearing.
9) Steering is light and nimble and because the motor is quiet you can hear the tires more easily as you push them to the edge of their grip.
10) it's everything we hoped and more, light fast and responsive. Fun to drive.
Bueller?

TLDW

1) Yes! 20in Turbines
2) 5.1s 0-60 is conservative, lighter wheels and better tires can improve this.
3) The stock all-season tires perform as you would expect from all-season tires. Understeer bias. UHP tires are an improvement for warm weather driving and balance the performance of the car better.
4) The suspension is execellent
5) Low center of gravity makes the car feel lighter.
6) 48% front and 52% rear weight distribution feels good on a RWD car and allows you to get on the power early coming out of corners.
7) The handling feels more like a sports car than a sedan which makes you feel confident when you're pushing the cars performance.
8) 30-60 feels faster than 0-30 either due to software or gearing.
9) Steering is light and nimble and because the motor is quiet you can hear the tires more easily as you push them to the edge of their grip.
10) it's everything we hoped and more, light fast and responsive. Fun to drive.
Bueller?

Excellent! Thanks for posting. Are those aftermarket 20" wheels? If so, where can they be purchased?

My Model 3 raced a 2017 MX 100D from a 65mph roll on the highway and we were even all the way to 95mph. MX had three adult passengers and 70% SOC.

Excellent wheels you have. I was going to purchase those too but wasn’t sure since I can’t find any reviews yet. What are you thoughts on them without the upper fore links?

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
My Model 3 raced a 2017 MX 100D from a 65mph roll on the highway and we were even all the way to 95mph. MX had three adult passengers and 70% SOC.

Excellent wheels you have. I was going to purchase those too but wasn’t sure since I can’t find any reviews yet. What are you thoughts on them without the upper fore links?

They are good but heavy. I've not gotten a straight answer on why Tesla thinks it needs the new upper fore links, they are not even remotely close to rubbing. Maybe when they release the Model 3 with the Smart Air Suspension they would rub on the lowest setting? IDK.