Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 Standard. Metallic roof option?

On hold for my model 3 Standard with metallic roof option. Can I have?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Who knows

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the non-PUP (premium upgrades package) will not have the glass panel over the driver and front passenger and should be metal. But since it isn't available yet and none have been made that we know of, it's anyone's guess what it will be and look like.

FYI, they are replacing the glass roof panel on my car. There is a small “lip” on the front edge abutting the windshield, a problem some S owners also reported a year ago when glass roofs were introduced. Some S owners claimed it made wind noise but I didn’t notice that in my 3 — though my hearing isn’t the best anyway. (The roof panel is also cut slightly narrower than the adjoining windshield and rear window probably about 1/16 inch or less on both sides, which seems odd but I don’t know if that is normal. One would think all three glass pieces would be cut to match exactly, right?)

I only posted this info in this thread to let you know that the metal roof option, if it happens, might be less problematic.

Last edited:
Reactions: urilevi8
Yes, the non-PUP (premium upgrades package) will not have the glass panel over the driver and front passenger and should be metal. But since it isn't available yet and none have been made that we know of, it's anyone's guess what it will be and look like.

So the front half of the roof will be metal and the back half will be glass? Above the rear passengers will be glass.