Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus now gets Streaming, Satellite Maps, and Web?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my SR today with the EXACT same version (v2019.12.11.4b1dd29) and I do Not have Streaming Music, Satellite Maps or a Browser. So to me, it looks like the SR+ is now getting those features for real now, while the SR doesn't.

All 3 of those features cost $100/year after the first year, no matter what upper trim level you have, right?

cost $100/year after the first year, no matter what upper trim level you have, right?
After July 2018, those before get it forever on all Tesla platforms. They had been talking about taking the feature away after 4 years from everyone, but in 2018 it was 6 years since the first Model S's and they were still going. The service isn't free for Tesla so something had to budge. Although it is likely that they pay by the GB across the entire fleet so I can listen to my streaming radio (aka Slacker/Spotify) and it's not that big a deal as there are likely several others who are not even driving their car or who drive but listen to FM instead.

Not as nice as having free unlimited supercharging for life (FUSL) but I am happy I got it. Of course, they'll probably put SpaceX satellite service on next years cars.

-Randy

Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
I have the Standard Range Plus with the same version and do not have the premium streaming features you have on yours. I wish I did :) I have seen others say the same thing here as well. On their announcement of the Standard Range model it specifically states the Standard Range will be software limited Plus without Premium connectivity. Heres to hoping!

My 2019 SR+ is also running 2019.12.1.1, I just double check and confirmed my car still don't have the satellite maps, music streaming and the web browsers.

I've heard rumors from Tesla Delivery Rep + Salesman locally that these features should be coming soon (with subscription fees)

When I first got my car in March of last year there were reports of Model 3's that were not getting charged for Supercharging, including a friend who picked up his car when I picked up mine. It didn't last forever, so this probably won't either. Audits eventually happen.

-Randy