Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Taillight non-OEM replacement on Amazon: would you buy it?

John Snow

May 9, 2019
Hong Kong
Hi, Guys
If the Taillight of your model 3 is broken, will you buy the replacement like this on Amazon?
upload_2019-11-9_16-50-17.png

Gamsberry

Jul 20, 2019
Seattle
I did buy aftermarket taillights for my Accord. They had a blackout look & had a sequenced bar for turn signals, very different from OEM. I did it because the look they provided was worth the risk of non-oem parts direct from China. I'd apply the same rules to the Tesla. If something different enough that I liked came along I'd do it. Given the cost of the car I probably would not if they looked the same.

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
you will always run the risk of a non-oem part being inferior to the OE version. taillights and headlights are especially known for issues with leakage, failed LEDs, etc. i would consider the cost savings vs. the headache should anything go wrong. if the discount is deep enough, it may be worth the risk. you're you're talking about $50, you may want to stick with OE.

/.02

M3FNATIK

Recovering BMW Addict
Nov 9, 2019
SoCal
Doe Tesla have an OEM Part warranty? For example, BMW has a 2 year, unlimited mile warranty for OEM parts purchased through their dealer network.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC