Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 the way I want - Signature Wheel + MPP Comfort Coilover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coming from BWM M3 in two or my previous cars (F80 and E90 M3), I had my doubt about how an EV would perform. It has exceeded my expectation, and like what other members mentioned, Supercharging is like getting free lunches, LOL!

After two long roadtrip to Big Sur and Los Angeles, I got to know the Model 3 inside out finally and learned the characters of it. But you all know something is missing coming out of Fremont factory in its OEM form. It might be range beneficial but I am sorry, I just cannot have a 60k car with that aero looking wheels. I pick out the mesh style @SignatureWheel Signature Track Series SV503 in brushed black triple tint and wider 265/35/19 tires for more road feel and traction. Each 19x9.5 wheel is 20lb 10oz each save me about 2lbs plus over 23lb oem aero wheel. That's almost 10lb lighter for 4 together!

I also approach the guys at @MountainPass and watching many of their tracking videos and tuning this car, I am sold on their MPP comfort coilover. I am not a crazy track guy so i think this will be enough and perfect for my daily drive. They are incredible knowledgeable about this car inside and out. Reading their post and this forum save me a lot of time.

End result is I absolutely love this car now! I think it ruined me for buying any other brand of car in the future, but I will deal with that some other day. Enough typing, below is some photos to share. Any question and comments, feel free.

Signature SV503 Brushed Black Triple Tint
- 19x9.5 ET34 Deep Concave

Bridgestone RE-71R
- 265/35/19

Mountain Pass Performance
- Comfort Coilover

DSC_1413.jpg
DSC_1430.jpg
DSC_1444.jpg
DSC_1448.jpg

DSC_1482.jpg
DSC_1471.jpg

Coming from BWM M3 in two or my previous cars (F80 and E90 M3), I had my doubt about how an EV would perform. It has exceeded my expectation, and like what other members mentioned, Supercharging is like getting free lunches, LOL!

After two long roadtrip to Big Sur and Los Angeles, I got to know the Model 3 inside out finally and learned the characters of it. But you all know something is missing coming out of Fremont factory in its OEM form. It might be range beneficial but I am sorry, I just cannot have a 60k car with that aero looking wheels. I pick out the mesh style @SignatureWheel Signature Track Series SV503 in brushed black triple tint and wider 265/35/19 tires for more road feel and traction. Each 19x9.5 wheel is 20lb 10oz each save me about 2lbs plus over 23lb oem aero wheel. That's almost 10lb lighter for 4 together!

I also approach the guys at @MountainPass and watching many of their tracking videos and tuning this car, I am sold on their MPP comfort coilover. I am not a crazy track guy so i think this will be enough and perfect for my daily drive. They are incredible knowledgeable about this car inside and out. Reading their post and this forum save me a lot of time.

End result is I absolutely love this car now! I think it ruined me for buying any other brand of car in the future, but I will deal with that some other day. Enough typing, below is some photos to share. Any question and comments, feel free.

Bridgestone RE-71R
- 265/35/19

- Comfort Coilover

View attachment 371838 View attachment 371841 View attachment 371843 View attachment 371844

View attachment 371849 View attachment 371848
So sick!! I’m going to put some wear on my stock 18s for a year before I put on some new shoes...although with the mileage i drive for work, that may be sooner. I definitely took off the aero covers though. How much was the total for the installs? Nice pics!

Bridgestone RE-71R
- 265/35/19

- Comfort Coilover

View attachment 371838 View attachment 371841 View attachment 371843 View attachment 371844

Super job. The car sits nicely lower but not slammed. Looks like you lowered it about 1.25 in? Or was it more? What did you end up with for camber on front and rear and did you get the adjustable camber arms? Finally how do you like the re71s on the street? Gripy as hell but I understand they're kind of a bear on the freeway. And last question do you have any idea what this tire setup did to your range?

Looks badass! We would love some high-res photos if you would like to share.
Hi I see there is front rotors for P3D+, rear rotors for AWD and pads for AWD. Will there be rear rotors and pads for P3D+ as well? It mentioned rotors add 4mm thickness, will OEM 20” wheels still fit? If I want to change wheels, what is the recommended offset for 8.5”, 9” and 10” wheels?

I’m going the same route with MPP comfort coilovers. Many people are reporting frequent bottoming out with just lowering springs. If I’m dropping it, I’m doing it right the first time around.

Did you get the control arms with your drop? How was your alignment after?

Bridgestone RE-71R
- 265/35/19

- Comfort Coilover

Inquiring minds want to know

1. any wheel poke at all on this set up?
2. how much lower than the stock ride height
3. quality/comfort of the ride vs. stock
4. handling and steering feel vs. stock

That is the best looking model 3 I have seen as well (maybe i'm biased since I have the white!) and I really like the 265 width all around.

I love the wheels.

Not trying to be a hater, but lowering a car has never looked visually correct/symmetrical to me. The distance between the wheel and the fender on the X-axis don’t match the Y-axis.

Attachments

• 2BF30C6C-AC4A-4376-9D2F-518F33CE547D.jpeg
    2BF30C6C-AC4A-4376-9D2F-518F33CE547D.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 424
Reactions: tvad and RBowen