Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA MODEL 3 vs BMW I3 vs CHEVY BOLT - Comparison

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It just shows the scarcity of electric cars that anybody would think to compare them at all. One of these cars is not like the others.

3comp2.jpg

Greg, I agree. However, your composite image shows an S, not a 3. The video linked to by the OP claims to be comparing the 3 to those other two EVs.

Um, no it doesn't. That's a picture of a 3. Just look at the door handles. It only looks like an S when you compare it to the Bolt and the i3.

(It's the picture of the Model 3 from Model S and 3 Side View Comparison, where you can see how the Model S is even longer.)

• Funny
Reactions: Lunarx
I hope there doesn't become a large fanboyism rivalry. One thing I hated about the Chevy forums I was on was that a large chunk of them REFUSED to acknowledge anything good from Ford. Chevy was Holy to them and Ford the Devil.

Tesla definitely appears to be the best pick so far - but I'm not going to point and laugh at all the other EVs.

I'd rather see a Mod3 PXXD vs. BMW M3 comparison. Indeed, Elon has said from the get-go that the Mod3 will be competition for the BMW 3-series. I guess the i3 might fall into that category, but certainly not a Chevrolet Volt.

I hope there doesn't become a large fanboyism rivalry. One thing I hated about the Chevy forums I was on was that a large chunk of them REFUSED to acknowledge anything good from Ford. Chevy was Holy to them and Ford the Devil.

Tesla definitely appears to be the best pick so far - but I'm not going to point and laugh at all the other EVs.

Guilty as charged here... I hate both of them based on bad ownership experiences. Swore off all American cars (not counting Tesla, of course) after the 8th thing broke on my mustang in two years.

It's not a competition among EV's ! ! ! Let's make fun of ICE vehicles. They're more than deserving of it. I own a Leaf. Now, there's a car that's really easy to make fun of -- it's strange they left it out of the video. But it's been a great car, as is the i3 and I am certain the Bolt will be too. Tesla out-classes them all, of course, but it needs to stay classy and this doesn't help with that effort, at least in my opinion.

Reactions: ChadS
It's not a competition among EV's ! ! ! Let's make fun of ICE vehicles. They're more than deserving of it. I own a Leaf. Now, there's a car that's really easy to make fun of -- it's strange they left it out of the video. But it's been a great car, as is the i3 and I am certain the Bolt will be too. Tesla out-classes them all, of course, but it needs to stay classy and this doesn't help with that effort, at least in my opinion.
Tesla officially will not compare the Model 3 to the Bolt and practically never mentions it (so far they only respond when journalists bring it up). However, GM has shown they like to make not-so-subtle pokes at the Model 3 and Tesla when they talk about the Bolt. That makes it hard for people to avoid bringing up a comparison.

Even Nissan recently made a poke at the Model 3, and I suspect more automakers will do so (since interest in the Model 3 vastly outnumbers any other EV).

Tesla officially will not compare the Model 3 to the Bolt and practically never mentions it (so far they only respond when journalists bring it up). However, GM has shown they like to make not-so-subtle pokes at the Model 3 and Tesla when they talk about the Bolt. That makes it hard for people to avoid bringing up a comparison.

Even Nissan recently made a poke at the Model 3, and I suspect more automakers will do so (since interest in the Model 3 vastly outnumbers any other EV).

I'd rather be on the receiving end of jealousy rather than pity any day of the week.