Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 vs Model S comparison slides

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, I must have missed that. When/where was that announced/rumored? The last I heard was the opposite, that the larger battery would the initial size produced.
the hugely speculative Teslarati article from the other day, and its accompanying Youtube video, quickly vanished without much of an explanation.

So it was either very wrong, and quietly taken down by the embarrassed source, or it was too close to accurate, and someone got a sternly-worded "cease and desist".

I guess we won't know which until July.

the hugely speculative Teslarati article from the other day, and its accompanying Youtube video, quickly vanished without much of an explanation.

So it was either very wrong, and quietly taken down by the embarrassed source, or it was too close to accurate, and someone got a sternly-worded "cease and desist".

I don't know anything about the Teslarati source, so who knows about its accuracy, but a couple of infamous Model X leaks were similarly shut down and taken offline - and were accurate. So, as you say, it could also speak of accuracy, not just inaccuracy as I've seen some suggest. We don't know.

I don't know anything about the Teslarati source, so who knows about its accuracy, but a couple of infamous Model X leaks were similarly shut down and taken offline - and were accurate. So, as you say, it could also speak of accuracy, not just inaccuracy as I've seen some suggest. We don't know.

I mean, it sounded completely plausible. It's not like the article dropped a bombshell out of nowhere.

I just want to know when the P75D will be available on the East Coast.....

Last I heard the story about the higher battery being first was retracted.
They are building for employees, who have made sacrifices to work at Tesla. The cars employees get need to tell spouses and family members that the sacrifice is respected and appreciated. The employee cars need to be super respectful, with the big battery at the small battery price.

Again, families have sacrificed.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I agree it is not know how widely the list was used.

However, the the original list being misleading being merely an opinion... no, I do not agree with that. I think the argument would survive scientific peer-review. Already the fact that it listed glass roof for Model S only and none for Model 3 is a misleading item, that we now have confirmation on. Then again, as recent events show, even facts are hard sometimes. People sometimes have alternative ones. :) But I would love to hear your view on how the glass entries were not misleading.
Again, not a fact. Misleading on that line depends on how many people actually thought that meant the glass roof would not be available on Model 3. Very few people on this thread seemed to have thought that (since we have all seen the RCs with the glass roof). For the people who did not think that, the line was not misleading.

If this gets to the scientific realm, a survey would need to be done on how many people were actually misled to see if it counts as substantial (akin to the ones done for false advertising lawsuits, where barrier is 15% or more misled to qualify).

I'll use the "Aluminum Body" line as another example. You didn't object to that as being misleading in the first go. Now with the "Aluminum and Steel Body" added to Model 3, it's misleading to you. I think simply you have a different standard for misleading (much higher) than other people.

Last edited:

Now it says

"The original story was removed by request"

Actually, after seeing more dash level interior shots, I don't think you're even going to get VW. The Model 3 won't come close to competing with "entry level luxury". It will be more Chevrolet.
I think it depends on how tactile you are.

All the chips are on steering feel and background noise.

If the car is quiet enough to have a pleasant conversation and the driver feels some engagement in the steering, customers will smile when they arrive.

Actually, after seeing more dash level interior shots, I don't think you're even going to get VW. The Model 3 won't come close to competing with "entry level luxury". It will be more Chevrolet.

I'm certain it will seem luxurious compared with a used 63 VW beetle 'back in the day'. ;-)
Which by the way was plenty of fun to drive.

Personally, I experience subtle understated interiors as luxurious. I would certainly opt for some wood grain over leather for example.

If the car is quiet enough to have a pleasant conversation and the driver feels some engagement in the steering, customers will smile when they arrive

Yes, responsive steering was one of the simple joys of the beetle.

I am pretty disappointed there is no sunroof. I wanted a sunroof on my next car. That I would think is an option available on almost all cars that are anything but the base model.
Hopefully it will be an option sometime later. And in my case I'm hoping it's available by the time the AWD's start rolling off the line. I've had cars with sunroofs for the last 10+ years now and I like to use it whenever I can. So I'll miss it greatly if my 3 doesn't have it.

It looks about as far from a Chevrolet interior as it's possible to get. This is a Chevy interior. If you think buttons and doo-dads equals luxury, then this is the car for you (this is the Chevy Cruze).

2016-Chevrolet-Cruze-interior.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: tracksyde and JeffK
Thanks for your concern, 'Nerd. Appreciate it.
Oh, and what propaganda are you speaking of?

"oh hey, my Bolt.....my Bolt.....my Bolt......"

There are generic EV forums. I believe there's even one hosted on this site. But this is a Model 3 board.

I get it....no one else will talk to you about the Bolt. Has anyone refused to be seen in it yet? Or are they politely just making up excuses about how much they love walking...?

:rolleyes: