Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 vs Model S comparison slides

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's interesting to me that the spec sheet lists the glass roof as a Premium Upgrades under Model S, when it's actually a standard feature. This tells me that a) the sheet is a fake or b) they've decided to hold the glass roof on the Model 3 until a later date (i.e. until they get the HUD and whatever other updates over to the Model S).

Or C, it's quite outdated.

I'll be ticked if these are accurate specs for the launch model, which I have been planning to buy since placing my early morning 3/31/16 reservation! I mean, this makes the 3 look like a Tesla Civic.

Funnily enough I'd be more ticked if they are not accurate specs for Model 3.

Misleasing Model 3 specs to upsell more Model S would be really unethical.

This is Tesla anti-selling the Model 3 just like they've been doing for months. They've got to keep Model S demand going at least until the release. All the demand lever's they've been making on the Model S are exactly the same thing from a different angle. The (now obsolete) removal of free-supercharging, the elimination of the S60, etc.... all little "nothings" that in reality haven't amounted to anything in order to prod people into buying a Model S now.

I thought the announcement in advance of the elimination of the 60, and then subsequent price decrease of the 75 was especially cruel as a double-demand lever... but it's what they've got to do to keep selling until July.

-Jim

with 100 total combinations, that doesn't leave many options. we already know there are 5 colors, 2 motors, likely 2 battery capacities and probably more than 1 interior color. That leaves like 2 other packages (heated seats/steering wheel, AP2).

I think when this configurator comes out, a LOT of people are going to be unhappy. If they want to sell more model S cars, just release the configurator instead of wasting manpower on anti-sell sheets.

How do you know that? Sheet has no details on options for Model 3.

If this leaked sheet is correct, and I think it is, it tells us a lot.

1. No air suspension
2. No HEPA filter
3. No pano sunroof

Also we can make much better guesses on options.

5 colors
2 battery sizes (10 options total)
2 wheel sizes (20 options total)
2 cold wx or no options (40 options total)
2 Interior packages (probably includes sound) (80 options total)

AP not counted because it is software only.

Actually this seems too restrictive, anyone have a different interpretation of what <100 configurations means? Perhaps options that only involve color/software aren't being included.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: WarpedOne