Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3. What extras would you add direct from the factory ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Aware but still a long way from a 360 - backig up on a single track lane for a passing place and you can easily find the front wasn't where the back view made you think it was...
these cars aren't designed for twisting around in the seat and looking out the back windows///

Reactions: CMc1 and Cwmwd
While Sentry and Charging can be controlled remotely using the App, it would be nice to schedule them in advance.

Sentry Schedule:

To allow selecting when to start and stop Sentry for each day of the week, or on weekdays and weekend.
Currently Sentry is only based on location, without any start or stop control.​

Charging Schedule:
To allow selecting when to start and stop Charging for each day of the week, or on weekdays and weekend.
Currently Charging provides starting or ending control.
Some ToU (Time of Use) are different during the week and weekend.​

Last edited:
Aware but still a long way from a 360 ... these cars aren't designed for twisting around in the seat and looking out the back windows

Totally agree, even if you could look out the back I don't think you'd see much anyway!

I find the the car feels wider than it is because of those haunches over the back wheels and I also get fooled by the "stumpy" froot that drops out of view when turning into my narrow lane and have no idea where the front bumper is. Also, I think the wider doors that need more room to the side to open up add to the illusion of it being a wider car than it physically is. Don't get me started on the turning circle...

I'm hoping that the on-screen side views, from a lower angle than the wing mirrors, will at least help with reversing into the garage.

it maybe possible to stitch together the current views and present some sort of 360. just wont be that live view style you see with Audi , bmw, merc but it should be possible with the existing cameras to get a 360

Aware but still a long way from a 360 - backig up on a single track lane for a passing place and you can easily find the front wasn't where the back view made you think it was...
these cars aren't designed for twisting around in the seat and looking out the back windows///

Thanks for the earlier suggestions ref the force to close the frunk. More suggestions after having a loan 2014 model S P90+ rwd...
Pop out door handles with led...whoo hoo.
Leather steering wheel... ahhhhh!
Leccy tailgate aka model Y...I know probably impossible.

0. BETTER ALIGNMENT OF EXTERNAL DOORS etc AND INTERNAL TRIM
1. CarPlay / Android Auto
2. Ventilated seats (not just heated)
3. Auto operated tailgate - It is a must!!
4. Blind spot within mirrors
5. Actual 360 view (not the side by side that's coming)
6. Wireless charging

Reactions: Neilio
I added a Chinese OBD-connected HUD to my Volvo dash - great at night as I can turn all the dashlights down and keep an eye on speed.
It shows speed in digits, RPM as a curved dashed line and some other readings I can't make out.
The display "appears" to be on the road just in front of the car - just not too good in bright sunlight.

Unfortunately it won't work in the Model 3 I will be getting (dunno when :() because there's no OBD connector

Came across another Chinese special HUD that only shows speed as bright digits that uses its own internal GPS receiver as a source. It comes with a long USB-A to USB-micro lead - either find a USB socket on the Model 3 or run it off a power bank.
Considering fitting it to the Model 3 so I don't need to look down at the screen too often - or does that become second nature after a while?