Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model 3 with XPEL Ceramic Window Tint

XPEL

Vendor
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
At one of our XPEL install shops this Tesla Model 3 showed up looking to have its glass wrapped in PRIME XR PLUS ceramic window tint.
Our tint is UV protected against 99% of harmful UV rays and deflects 98% of infrared heat.

206667548_1670631273143096_4597943381506932593_n.jpg

Chuck305

Sep 29, 2019
South Florida
I have Prime XR Plus in 35 all around now since Dec 2019. I’m very happy with the quality and apperance, but in hind sight I should have asked for two pieces for the roof/trunk like 25 on the roof and 35 on the trunk instead of a single sheet of 35. South Florida’s brutal sun even with the AC on max i can feel the heat bearing down on me from above and the glass roof is hot to the touch. Parked temps can reach over 100 inside.

Reactions: XPEL

joebruin77

Dec 23, 2018
Encino, CA
I have Xpel Prime XR Plus 55% on all windows except my windshield. I am a huge fan - even at the lighter tint, I can still feel the difference in how much cooler the car is. I highly recommend Xpel tint and PPF.

techlogik

Mar 22, 2021
FL
I have Prime XR Plus in 35 all around now since Dec 2019. I’m very happy with the quality and apperance, but in hind sight I should have asked for two pieces for the roof/trunk like 25 on the roof and 35 on the trunk instead of a single sheet of 35. South Florida’s brutal sun even with the AC on max i can feel the heat bearing down on me from above and the glass roof is hot to the touch. Parked temps can reach over 100 inside.
Huh? I don't understand. The rear window that goes over the back seats is a single piece. Then, the other window over the driver/passenger is another piece, if you choose to do it. I'm going to wait and see about the front overhead glass. Been raining basically 3 straight days now, can't tell how bad any sun is so far on my head. If I have to go back and do another piece on the driver/pass roof glass, so be it. That would be quick to do. Otherwise, did 15% all around and 50% front Xpel XR Plus...on white car...looks sweet.

Chuck305

Sep 29, 2019
South Florida
Huh? I don't understand. The rear window that goes over the back seats is a single piece. Then, the other window over the driver/passenger is another piece, if you choose to do it. I'm going to wait and see about the front overhead glass. Been raining basically 3 straight days now, can't tell how bad any sun is so far on my head. If I have to go back and do another piece on the driver/pass roof glass, so be it. That would be quick to do. Otherwise, did 15% all around and 50% front Xpel XR Plus...on white car...looks sweet.

I've attached a photo (not my car) to clarify, the rear glass goes over the rear passenger seats then there is a divider and another piece of glass that covers the front seats. I did the rear with a single sheet of 35% and in hind sight I should have only done the rear with 2 pieces so the roof section could be darker than the rear view.

Today it was 99F according to the cars temp measure, with AC set to auto and 74f I could still fell the warmth on my head and neck. It's not a fault of the tint, I think the Xpel is great and doing its job, my comment is more of a warning to others the live in a hot sunny environment. Go darker if you can especially on the roof. I'm considering having the tint removed off the rear and front roof and replaced with 20%. I'd go with XPEL Prime XR Plus again.

Attachments

• tesla-model-3-1.jpg
    tesla-model-3-1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 93

XPEL

Vendor
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
I've attached a photo (not my car) to clarify, the rear glass goes over the rear passenger seats then there is a divider and another piece of glass that covers the front seats. I did the rear with a single sheet of 35% and in hind sight I should have only done the rear with 2 pieces so the roof section could be darker than the rear view.

Today it was 99F according to the cars temp measure, with AC set to auto and 74f I could still fell the warmth on my head and neck. It's not a fault of the tint, I think the Xpel is great and doing its job, my comment is more of a warning to others the live in a hot sunny environment. Go darker if you can especially on the roof. I'm considering having the tint removed off the rear and front roof and replaced with 20%. I'd go with XPEL Prime XR Plus again.
We appreciate you choosing XPEL and very glad to know you are enjoying our product. Thank you!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC