Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model 3 with XPEL Ceramic Window Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

XPEL

Global Vendor
At one of our XPEL install shops this Tesla Model 3 showed up looking to have its glass wrapped in PRIME XR PLUS ceramic window tint.
Our tint is UV protected against 99% of harmful UV rays and deflects 98% of infrared heat.

206667548_1670631273143096_4597943381506932593_n.jpg

I have Prime XR Plus in 35 all around now since Dec 2019. I’m very happy with the quality and apperance, but in hind sight I should have asked for two pieces for the roof/trunk like 25 on the roof and 35 on the trunk instead of a single sheet of 35. South Florida’s brutal sun even with the AC on max i can feel the heat bearing down on me from above and the glass roof is hot to the touch. Parked temps can reach over 100 inside.

Reactions: XPEL
I have Prime XR Plus in 35 all around now since Dec 2019. I’m very happy with the quality and apperance, but in hind sight I should have asked for two pieces for the roof/trunk like 25 on the roof and 35 on the trunk instead of a single sheet of 35. South Florida’s brutal sun even with the AC on max i can feel the heat bearing down on me from above and the glass roof is hot to the touch. Parked temps can reach over 100 inside.
Huh? I don't understand. The rear window that goes over the back seats is a single piece. Then, the other window over the driver/passenger is another piece, if you choose to do it. I'm going to wait and see about the front overhead glass. Been raining basically 3 straight days now, can't tell how bad any sun is so far on my head. If I have to go back and do another piece on the driver/pass roof glass, so be it. That would be quick to do. Otherwise, did 15% all around and 50% front Xpel XR Plus...on white car...looks sweet.

Huh? I don't understand. The rear window that goes over the back seats is a single piece. Then, the other window over the driver/passenger is another piece, if you choose to do it. I'm going to wait and see about the front overhead glass. Been raining basically 3 straight days now, can't tell how bad any sun is so far on my head. If I have to go back and do another piece on the driver/pass roof glass, so be it. That would be quick to do. Otherwise, did 15% all around and 50% front Xpel XR Plus...on white car...looks sweet.

I've attached a photo (not my car) to clarify, the rear glass goes over the rear passenger seats then there is a divider and another piece of glass that covers the front seats. I did the rear with a single sheet of 35% and in hind sight I should have only done the rear with 2 pieces so the roof section could be darker than the rear view.

Today it was 99F according to the cars temp measure, with AC set to auto and 74f I could still fell the warmth on my head and neck. It's not a fault of the tint, I think the Xpel is great and doing its job, my comment is more of a warning to others the live in a hot sunny environment. Go darker if you can especially on the roof. I'm considering having the tint removed off the rear and front roof and replaced with 20%. I'd go with XPEL Prime XR Plus again.

Attachments

• tesla-model-3-1.jpg
    tesla-model-3-1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 402
I've attached a photo (not my car) to clarify, the rear glass goes over the rear passenger seats then there is a divider and another piece of glass that covers the front seats. I did the rear with a single sheet of 35% and in hind sight I should have only done the rear with 2 pieces so the roof section could be darker than the rear view.

Today it was 99F according to the cars temp measure, with AC set to auto and 74f I could still fell the warmth on my head and neck. It's not a fault of the tint, I think the Xpel is great and doing its job, my comment is more of a warning to others the live in a hot sunny environment. Go darker if you can especially on the roof. I'm considering having the tint removed off the rear and front roof and replaced with 20%. I'd go with XPEL Prime XR Plus again.
We appreciate you choosing XPEL and very glad to know you are enjoying our product. Thank you!