Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 wrap planned (orange) - need some advice on emblems and possible side mirror cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put down a deposit on getting my 2019 stealth performance white model 3 wrapped. Good local pro. I checked swatches for orange and, going in, was deciding between Avery Supreme Orange Gloss and 3M Burnt Orange Gloss but ended up really liking the Helix Mandarin Red Gloss.

Plan is to wrap the entire car and get chrome delete. Going to do the delete with a gloss black wrap and am thinking of carrying the black up the front pillar and roof rail to break up the orange. I've seen this done on one car in orange and it looked great. This is the Avery Supreme which, in person, leans a bit more red than the Helix.
g24tibu5raa71.jpg

Here's where I'm stuck:
1. Emblems - did a search here and found possibility of getting OEM from Tesla (have a service appt in 2 weeks for control arm so can ask). Also found lots of online alternatives that claim to be thicker/better than OEM. Currently eyeing one set from emblemsonly in a black chrome to pop off the orange and tie in with the black gloss. Thoughts?

2. Side camera cover - read that this is not easy to wrap so am considering replacing the cover. I really don't like carbon fiber which seems to be the most common choice. Found one interesting larger piece from PimpMyEV and honestly can't decide if it will go well and make the car look more sporty or will be garish - Aero Sidemarker Covers for Model 3 (8 Colors) 2017-2022

Any other suggestions for the side camera cover?

Oh and since I have a P3D-, should I get the Dual Motor/Red Stripe emblem in black/red or just have him remove it and keep for when wrap removed someday?

I have one month to get this all figured out so appreciate your help.

Oh and car getting a name change from my daughter's made up one (my current user name) to Orange Julius and found a great sticker I may put on the inside door panel -
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Reactions: Lindenwood
Excited for you!

1) Are you asking the best place to get a new (larger?) Tesla emblem, or needing help deciding what color to do?

2) Would it be possible to buy whatever aftermarket mirror covers you can and wrap (or even paint) them to the color of your choice? Honestly, you could probably get a matched-color can of quality spray paint for like $20.

Excited for you!

1) Are you asking the best place to get a new (larger?) Tesla emblem, or needing help deciding what color to do?

2) Would it be possible to buy whatever aftermarket mirror covers you can and wrap (or even paint) them to the color of your choice? Honestly, you could probably get a matched-color can of quality spray paint for like $20.
Thanks! Going to feel like a new car after 3 years.

1 - no looking to stay OEM sized but not sure if I should believe the hype of these 3rd party sellers that their emblems are better. Also are the OEM black ones matte or glossy? If matte, would likely go 3rd party. If 3rd pay, any favorites?

2. Was talking about the side repeater camera cover. I'm happy with a standard gloss black there but found most are carbon fiber now. Also looking for advice on the one from PimpMyEV I linked to and what people thought of that one or if they have found others that might be a bit more than stock but not quite as 'much'

Thanks! Going to feel like a new car after 3 years.

1 - no looking to stay OEM sized but not sure if I should believe the hype of these 3rd party sellers that their emblems are better. Also are the OEM black ones matte or glossy? If matte, would likely go 3rd party. If 3rd pay, any favorites?

2. Was talking about the side repeater camera cover. I'm happy with a standard gloss black there but found most are carbon fiber now. Also looking for advice on the one from PimpMyEV I linked to and what people thought of that one or if they have found others that might be a bit more than stock but not quite as 'much'
Ah! My mistake on the covers! Honestly I really like those… More practically, I think almost all such options will be imported from bottom-line overseas manufacturers. You will get a little more reassurance on fitment or, at least, recourse for poor fitment, by purchasing from an American distributor. However, overall you will probably find the most variety just searching eBay and Amazon (or even Alibaba).

And as to the emblems, I would just peel off the stock one and paint it whatever color you want. Your wrap shop should be able to do that pretty easily, especially since they will need to remove it anyways.