Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3/Y HUD Full LED Digital Screen Instrument Cluster Plug N Play.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure would be cool if you could access any info on the CanBus and display it. Seems silly that they duplicate so much stuff that I already have on the main screen like turn signals and door open. I like the idea of taking the stuff that is normally hidden from the main screen and displaying it full time, so tire pressure and odometer makes sense, but there is SO MUCH MORE that could be displayed. Like battery coolant temp or charging rate or original kWh.

Reactions: JWardell
So let me get this straight:

It is not a heads up display at all. It is a touch screen (in addition to the 15" touchscreen sitting just to the right of it). If placed in a binnacle position, it would require you to reach through or around the steering wheel to operate.

Finally, again, it is NOT A HUD.

This is completely useless except as a "project".

Good point about accessing it. While I suppose it could be useful, it does seem like overkill when you could have an inexpensive version that just displayed certain data (i.e., locked in) since I wouldn't think most people would be accessing it while driving.

From the website, it sounds like you use the Model 3/Y touchscreen to control the new display.

Great to hear it.

Really odd they backtracked so much.

Not that install on the display is complicated it would be interesting to see a thicker, but a tapered and not too visible option to not hardware but recharge a built in battery as an option that is also easily removable.

A new contender has entered the market. Looks alot like Mickey Mouse ears...but, functionality seems pretty good.

IMAGE1.JPG

Seems to be selling directly on Amazon, which is a bit of a worry.
Amazon.com: Tesla Model 3 Model Y Instrument Panel Displayer Dashboard Dash Gauge Instrument Panel: Automotive

• Informative
Reactions: israndy
A new contender has entered the market. Looks alot like Mickey Mouse ears...but, functionality seems pretty good.

View attachment 618992

Seems to be selling directly on Amazon, which is a bit of a worry.

Why is it a worry it's an Amazon?

Either way it's nice to see another choice coming to market.

Different design from other one. This one installs on steering column which be easier than the other one that mounts on the vent. Not a of the twin circles. Screen looks more polished but at the same time looks to offer less functions.

Reactions: StarLog
Why is it a worry it's an Amazon?

Either way it's nice to see another choice coming to market.

Different design from other one. This one installs on steering column which be easier than the other one that mounts on the vent. Not a of the twin circles. Screen looks more polished but at the same time looks to offer less functions.
On amazon is the best thing. Return process on amazon is money.

That thing is awesome. purchased.

You like this one more then the OP one? I prefer the single display of OP with (seemingly) more information to choose from.

What about it spoke to you for instant purchase?

On amazon is the best thing. Return process on amazon is money.
Exactly my thought. Also eBay is almost as good in my mind. And OP model is / was on eBay.