Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3/Y HUD Full LED Digital Screen Instrument Cluster Plug N Play.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been watching the reviews on the unit and have a couple questions-

I saw where the GPS receiver was stuck to the windshield with a wire hanging loose. In another video they tucked the GPS receiver along the right side of the dash under the side cover. I don't like the windshield mount but does the mount to the side of the dash under the plastic cover work well?

Is there a screen protector to eliminate the glare like we have for the Tesla screen?

To use Car Play does this use the Tesla internet connection or do we need to access the internet with the iphone phone service which could get real expensive?

@TravelFree
There is a new update file for day light and night vision version.
The GPS antenna should work fine on the right side. Who ever put the antenna in the window and did not push the wire behind the cover
was a bit lazy. I have always pushed it under the pilar over.
you could always put a screen cover on it, but personally I don't think it is needed.

We have 7 of these displays in stock, and also the automatic door opening kit, and the Frunk and Trunk automatic opener kits.

@TravelFree
There is a new update file for day light and night vision version.
The GPS antenna should work fine on the right side. Who ever put the antenna in the window and did not push the wire behind the cover
was a bit lazy. I have always pushed it under the pilar over.
you could always put a screen cover on it, but personally I don't think it is needed.

We have 7 of these displays in stock, and also the automatic door opening kit, and the Frunk and Trunk automatic opener kits.
Really they just told me no new software version. You have a newer version of software?

I think my wife might like to have the kick trunk opener one day.
I got the FRUNK opener, being able to kick that open is great, no longer ducking your head in to open it from the center console or waiting for the phone app to launch. But the BEST part is *never* having to close the hood again. All those notes from Tesla about not putting pressure on the logo, and you have to use two hands. Stupid! AND no finger prints (palm prints).

For the TRUNK I just got those gas struts with springs. So much CHEAPER! It was a little tight when new trying to close it, but no issues now. And to open you just touch the button on the lid and the trunk pops open, easy to do with arms full of groceries.

Reactions: StarLog
I got the FRUNK opener, being able to kick that open is great, no longer ducking your head in to open it from the center console or waiting for the phone app to launch. But the BEST part is *never* having to close the hood again. All those notes from Tesla about not putting pressure on the logo, and you have to use two hands. Stupid! AND no finger prints (palm prints).

For the TRUNK I just got those gas struts with springs. So much CHEAPER! It was a little tight when new trying to close it, but no issues now. And to open you just touch the button on the lid and the trunk pops open, easy to do with arms full of groceries.
The new Model S and Model Y have electric Trunk hatch openers standard. Hansshow has a $79 plugin sensor that allows the Model Y to open and close with your foot as long as you have your iphone active or a KeyFob. I don't think they make this for the Model S yet.

I probably won't spend for the Frunk on either our new Y or S. We just never use the frunk, ever. Maybe we'll make use of it for the chargers and stuff when we do a long road trip.

• Informative
Reactions: israndy
I have the Hansshow display. I bought it about a month after I got my Y since I felt having to look to the right to check my speed was distracting. I’m not a fan of having to do things on the Tesla display while driving. I find this dangerous.

I’m very happy with the steering wheel display. It has the key things I look for when driving: speed, state of charge, instantaneous energy consumption, total mileage. I have not used CarPlay but when I get some time, I’ll get this going.

Installation was not easy. Most of the install was fine: removing the dashboard and floor covers took maybe an hour and was not difficult (I bought plastic trim removers at a local car parts store).
But removing the Tesla computer cable took me two hours of physical gyrations to finally get out. It’s a small connector with a locking tab, but I have big fingers which made pushing the locking tab while pulling the connector difficult. At one point I had my head on the floor and my feet on the windshield.
I was finally able to remove the connector and the rest of the install went fast.

I few things I’d like to see in future software updates from Hansshow:
- a bigger and bolder indication that you’re on autopilot. Right now there’s a small autopilot icon which pops up inside the energy consumption meter. But there’s a large car icon right in the middle of the display: they could light up the car icon in blue to indicate that autopilot is on, similar to what you see on the main display. Twice when driving my Y on autopilot, the autopilot disengaged but for a few seconds I didn’t realize I was driving the car. Having a more visible indication of autopilot on the steering wheel display would add to the cars safety.
- energy usage meter: I keep the Tesla energy usage on the main panel most of the time. I like to keep an eye on my energy usage to get an idea when I’ll need to charge the car. It would be good to have energy usage on steering wheel display so I could use the main display for maps.