Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model D, cancellation or order upgrade rights??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RHD P85D will not be available in the UK until June 2015. Other models much later. Based on Tesla's track record for accurate dates, that means March 2016 ;)

Either way, it is a long time to wait. I'll have had my fantastic P85 for at least a year when the first P85D lands in the UK.

And what if they launch something else cool next October? Will you wait again for the RHD version? Going to be a long wait. Or, you can treat it like a tech product: enjoy what you have, skip a generation and upgrade to the latest and greatest in 3 years time.

Ok, one thing for certain. If you change your order to the D right now, all you may lose is 19k HKD deposit, but you are guaranteed to get a updated version, which is better then the one your originally order.

That is just simple fact, and fanboy, please attack me on that.

So what did Tesls say when they turned your request down to change your order on the same deposit? Or are you pulling the trigger a bit early? I was able to change my config 3 times after the confirmation period, the latest one 7 months after.

Ok i've heard a rumour that it "should be ok" and that they will probably be able to do something about this situation.

fingers crossed. I actually don't mind waiting now anyway as it seems I could do with more funding.

Frankly don't jump the gun..

Seems like there are some updates for P85D, but the most important upgrade in suspension seems missing

I would say my P85+ can barely handle 416bhp (Still good but feels a bit soft) unless you are on coil and upgrade by yourself.

Can't imagine 691....:rolleyes:

If they are giving P85D a firmer Air Suspension / Sporty Coil / revised geometry then I'm in!!!!!

even if you order S85 or S60, you should switch to the D. Just look at the seats...

Imagine you are shopping for a 2nd hand MS 3-4 years later, which one would you pick?

My outdated P85+ is up for sell @28car I am not sure if I will be a Tesla customer again.

Just saw that, thanks. but I don't think BMW would launch a AWD i8 within 6 months after his friend get the car.

Ok, one thing for certain. If you change your order to the D right now, all you may lose is 19k HKD deposit, but you are guaranteed to get a updated version, which is better then the one your originally order.

That is just simple fact, and fanboy, please attack me on that.

So what did Tesls say when they turned your request down to change your order on the same deposit? Or are you pulling the trigger a bit early? I was able to change my config 3 times after the confirmation period, the latest one 7 months after.

My friend ordered a 85+ which arrives next month so I called up my friend right after I saw the post about the MSD in the US forum.
I told him to cancel his order or get the sale guy to upgrade to MSD which they did which is a good news but the bad news is he have to wait 6 months again which will be 11 months in total waiting time, but I think it is worth the wait.
Good job I did not order my last month, Now I will order the MSD.

My friend ordered a 85+ which arrives next month so I called up my friend right after I saw the post about the MSD in the US forum.
I told him to cancel his order or get the sale guy to upgrade to MSD which they did which is a good news but the bad news is he have to wait 6 months again which will be 11 months in total waiting time, but I think it is worth the wait.

Is your friend in HK or US? When did he placed the order and what is his RN?

When you have the details, please consider to join the delivery list - there is a link in my signature below (instructions are in post #1 of that thread, where the link points to)

My friend who is expecting his P85 in November has just received below e-mail from Tesla Hong Kong... I got my car last week... @#$%
To my knowledge, your Model S has just entered the Pre-Production stage. As every single Model S now rolling out of the factory includes the hardware necessary for the Autopilot functionality I can assure you that your Model S (VIN xxxxx) will have this newly updated hardware and thus compatible with Autopilot.