Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S 70D Lease Transfer with Cash Incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The family is growing and we need to exit our Model S lease so that we can switch to a Model X. Currently 19 months left on the lease of our Tesla Model S 70D. The payments are currently $1211/month with an allowed 718 miles/month remaining. Willing to throw in a cash incentive of $3K or more to bring the overall monthly payments down to a little over $1K/month (I'm flexible). Full Lease Trader link is here (2015 Tesla Model S 70D lease $1,053.89 - Milpitas, California 95035). Here are the options:

Model S 70D
All-Wheel Drive Included
Titanium Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels Included
Black Next Generation Seats
Glossy Obeche Wood Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner Included
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Also throwing in a recently purchased set of all-weather mats (front and rear). Please PM if interested. This could be a great way to get into a Model S without having to cough up a lot of money up front. Also, this could be a good purchase as well since all you are responsible for would be the remaining lease payments plus the buy-out price in the lease.

Thanks!

So remaining + buyout at $74.6k. For a car with 30k miles. Seems ridiculous. The miles remaining are too low to be meaningful. Hey don't feel bad - I have nearly the exact same car with similar lease/miles.

Just got an email from a friend got an inventory for $72.5. Sure no air, AP or D but 0 miles, refresh and 75. And I presume $7,500 coming to him (which means the equal car deal would have right at $75k)

Looking at your miles and numbers, I'm thinking $10k on the hood would make it move. Good thing I'm not looking to get out of my lease.

This is probably a dumb question as I don't have much experience with leases, but have you asked Tesla about your options?

I would think they'd be eager to get you into a new, more expensive Tesla and might work with you to reduce the early termination penalty or whatever there is. I might be way off base, though.

This is probably a dumb question as I don't have much experience with leases, but have you asked Tesla about your options?

I would think they'd be eager to get you into a new, more expensive Tesla and might work with you to reduce the early termination penalty or whatever there is. I might be way off base, though.

They will roll your negative equity based on the buyout and current trade value into a new lease or purchase if you ask them to.

If you are going to auto transfer someone $300 / mo anyway, you might as well find out what the addition to the new monthly payment would be. I bet you'll be surprised.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV