Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S 70D - Midnight Silver, June 2015, 7k miles, Next Generation Black Leather, Pano Roof,

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S 70D - Midnight Silver, June 2015, 7k miles, Next Generation Black Leather, Pano Roof, Autopilot - $73k

Built June 2015. Great condition. No dents/scratches. Basically driven to/from work (4 miles total) and few times across a few states. No issues. Just over 7,000 miles. Includes All Glass Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels, Black Next Generation Seats, Obeche Wood Matte Decor, Black Alcantara Headliner, Supercharger Enabled, Autopilot, and Premier Interior Package. Does have LTE enabled. Was $87,500 new. Would prefer local pickup only, though can work something out if needed. Please contact me by email at [email protected].

If you have any other questions about it, I'd be happy to answer them. I am willingly to drive wherever in the Midwest within reason to bring the car to you.

List Date: 2/17/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Tesla Model S 70D - Midnight Silver, June 2015, 7k miles, Next Generation Black Leather, Pano Roof, Autopilot - $73k
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $73,000.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

21736916-c16f-4453-9686-4f5889eb07fe.jpg
c7878c4a-e093-4375-9a2b-38ff7859e6b0.jpg
e6a065a2-c309-45c1-9591-8be7cf04396f.png
e1ace5f9-8e82-4464-a1d4-01785f131ed7.jpg
35a19fb6-eb4e-4905-95f3-10c0aefd459e.jpg
61114a86-7882-4781-9488-e996a0ce992b.jpg
49e20a8a-dc41-46d0-98b9-3a65c4f89156.jpg
fec433b3-6a5e-4a85-b914-fa595480948c.jpg

Tesla Model S 70D - Midnight Silver, 7000 miles, Next Generation Black Leathe...

It seems like the car new (without sales tax) - tax rebate comes out to be around 80K. Sales tax will have to be paid separately by the buyer regardless. So your asking price is rather high. Just for a comparison, a similarly equipped inventory car that I was considering sold for 77K with additional 10K tax credit here in CA.

Last edited:
It seems like the car new (without sales tax) - tax rebate comes out to be around 80K. Sales tax will have to be paid separately by the buyer regardless. So your asking price is on high. Just for a comparison a similarly equipped inventory car that I was considering sold for 77K with additional 10K tax credit here in CA.

Thanks for the info. Rebate was only $7500 for us in the midwest. Would be about $80000 new (rebate included, excluding sales tax). I didn't think there was a tax credit for used Teslas here in the midwest (referring to your 77k with tax credit). I also assume Cali prices are probably a little cheaper overall compared to here with the rebates/supply. I can negotiate some; just contact me if interested.

Edited price and info.

Last edited:
My perception is that a lot of buyers on this site would be looking for a price that is closer to the often discussed Tesla CPO formula. Believe that's:

Original Price (sans tax) - $7500 Fed Credit - $500 per month of ownership (~8 mos) - $1 per mile driven (7K).

$86,250 - $7500 - $4000 - $7000 = $67,750

I don't recall how the $1200 destination fee is calculated into CPO pricing, if at all, someone else can chime in on that, or if my figures aren't correct.

Other things likely on their mind: With CPO, buyers get a refreshed 4 year warranty. With a private sale, they could have the seller purchase the extended and have it transferred. (with some hassle per other threads?) I see pros/cons to both personally; assume others would too.

The rub with applying the CPO formula to your car is that there aren't many/any cars like yours for sale as CPO yet (just Inventory vehicles) - or even private party, so there may be a market for a higher price. That said, informed buyers probably assume that day is coming and they may be willing to wait it out. M2C.

Thanks for the info. That's really helpful. I do think the estimate is a bit on the low side for my car because like you said, there are no 70D models or even dual motor models in that case available at this time since its a mid 2015 car.

Skitown's formula is BS. Does that mean after about 60k miles and 4 years, a model S is worthless?

If so great, I ll just get a bunch of free 85/90D's in a couple years.

Oh also does it mean if someone droves a lot, say 80k miles over 2 years, their car is already worthless?

Great, I ll be able to pick up some free 85Ds with 80k miles on them for free this year!

Zer0cool is right, it would seem misguided to try and apply this publicly talked about CPO formula to a car sale in a few years. Or to rigidly adhere to it without other consideration. Things change. Supply and demand, new models, etc. I'm sure whatever formula Tesla uses to set CPO pricing will also change. There's currently a Panjo "Want to Buy" advert for a 70D along these lines though. In the end, it's up to a seller to decide if that's market value or not. Shonert's car looks great to me, I hope he gets what he wants for it, because I'd probably ask about the same if I was in his shoes.

Tesla Model S 70d with Panoramic Roof

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree skitown's formula doesn't progress in a linear fashion, but I thought it was common knowledge cars once driven "off the lot" depreciate 10-15%. In this case the rebate comes off the top... so in my opinion. 87,450-7,500=79,950 then 85%-90% of that; so $68,000-$72,000 market value. Your price is fair list price as most people aren't firm on asking price.

Also what is with the rear headrests? Just folded back up? or permanently dented?

Ahh good catch. From carseats that were just taken out for the pictures. And by carseats, I mean basically having brand new carseats in the car thinking we were going to drive the kids around alot in it and didn't. Dents were only temporary for the time. After a couple hours with them out, the dent/fold/whatever you call it isn't there.

I still think under $70k is way too low for this car (70D, autopilot, premium leather) that you can't get anywhere else for any cheaper.