TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S advertisement?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by matbl, Mar 25, 2014.

1. matbl

matbl Member

It is generally known that Tesla doesn't do advertisement or commercials.
    When I visited Oslo the other day I discovered that it isn't entirely true. On the central Oslo <-> Oslo airport train, there was and advertisement for the Model S.
    New trend? Or just a local thing?

2. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

Someone posted a newspaper advertisement in a Norwegian paper.

So, yes there is some limited advertisement.

I have not seen any outside of Norway.

3. Runarbt

Runarbt Member

Are you certain it is tesla who is behind?
    i have seen ads which i at first belived were tesla, but turned out to ben DnB bank and polar wheels promoting car loan and rims for teslas.;-)
    Had to read the ad real close, as it focused primarily on the car itself.

4. matbl

matbl Member

The one I saw yesterday was definitely Tesla since it said "contact Tesla at EUSales@..." and had the same layout as the current front page of the norwegian page on teslamotors.com

5. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

heard about this from a posting over a year ago. dont even remember the thread. if that is there advertising budget then it is essentially 0

6. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

Well, it was definitely an add FOR Tesla although someone else could have been paying for it.

Only Tesla logos were on the full page of newspaper. No aftermarket wheels and no bank logo.

It had the price for the car and some options and potential monthly payments.

But we know how fanatical Tesla fans are; we even produce our own Tesla TV commercials without any Tesla involvement and post them on Youtube :)