Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Aero Shield Panel Broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It snowed bad in NY and when shoveling and moving my car in and out of my parking spot in my outdoor garage, I think the aero under shield panel clips broke off on the battery end and now it is hanging on the floor. I can drive fine but the plastic panel drags on the floor. If I reverse, it just bends backwards and does the same. I'm wondering how bad this could be and if anyone knows the clips needed to put it back or how much it might cost for Tesla to just put it back or replace the part?

I'm not sure what is under that shield. I assume it doesn't need to really be water proof since it isn't a fully enclosed space, but probably more for rocks and stuff.

I included some pics I found on Google and some from my phone.

In the Google pictures, ignore the red circles. The bottom part of the first two pictures is the part that's hanging down I think.

guid-005412a3-054e-40eb-a170-1c51383e99e7-print.jpg

guid-4047660e-0c3d-46e9-bcb8-e3887ae7851f-print.jpg

File_000.jpeg

File_003.jpeg

File_004.jpeg

File_005.jpeg

I ended up putting two bottles on each end of the plastic to hold it up and used a heat gun to warm up the plastic and make it straight. Then I used clips from my kit from Amazon that I bought. It feels secure as I couldn’t really force it off with decent amount of force. So there’s that!