TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S Aftermarket Modifications in NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by hershey101, Mar 16, 2013.

1. hershey101

hershey101 Member

Hi,
    Has anyone in New York gotten work done on their Model S after taking delivery? I'm looking to get full body paint armor, and a radar detector installed in my car, do you have recommendations of places on the East coast? Preferably some place in Long Island or NYC with good reviews and prior experience working on a Model S?

2. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Not long island or NYC, but Perzan's of Philadelphia are doing a bunch of stuff with my car right now. They have a great reputation and do lots of high
    end cars. See pics of mods here. Perzan Auto Radio

P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. retinadoc

retinadoc Member

4. PearlModelS

PearlModelS Member

I was going to post the same question. I am also on Long Island and would love to find a reliable place to do mods. Nothing crazy, tints, maybe sensors.

Thanks everyone.

5. Panacea

Panacea TSLA Shareholder/Believer

Ditto for me but ideally in NJ, please?

6. NJTestla

NJTestla Member

The guys at Queens service station referred me to a technik 1 on west side. Gus there is great, working on Roadsters for a while and done bunch of Model S. he is putting in parking sensors and ceramic tint. Not cheap but great work and also does radar/laser detector installs. Tesla also use him for pint and body work. I had a scratch on my roof that I told Tesla about and they said ' if with Gus, just have him call and we will pay him to fix it'. Hope this helps, Caspar

7. wormhole

wormhole Banned

The White Plains service manager suggested the following for full wrap paint armor. I had then come and replace the tesla factory job and I am extremely pleased...

EDDY FALCON - OWNER
    EAGLE GUARD LLC

Phone : 203-861-1550

8. Electric1

Electric1 Member

i'm planning to use Perzan in Philly. I had him put a Mobileye (amazing) in my Sequoia as a test before doing my Tesla and he did a fine job. Just plan ahead and give him enough time.

9. hershey101

hershey101 Member

Can you retinadoc and teslasguy, please upload the photos of the car, and a list of what modifications you got and cost?

10. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I had full XPEL Ultimate wrap on hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, and nose cone done by Leebergs in Hillsborough NJ https://www.facebook.com/leeberbs perfect job, this guy does *only* this for a living and does nothing but high end ferraris, lambos, jags, etc. He even just did a 2012 McLaren MP4-12C today. I didn't even know we had any of those in this country lol

I also had 3M Crystalline 40 tinting applied by Ray at Dynamic Tint in Williamstown, NJ http://www.dynamictint.com/ Note: he's a major supplier in NJ too, he train's all the other 3M installers in the area, so IMO why go to the student when you can go directly to the teacher :)

both of these guys are perfectionists and I highly recommend both of them if you are from the Philly/Central/South jersey areas.

11. Panacea

Panacea TSLA Shareholder/Believer

Many thanks yobigd20!

12. hershey101

hershey101 Member

How much did the XPEL wrap and tinting cost?

13. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

Has anyone had the park assist done?

14. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

XPEL $1395
    Tint $550

15. MATTEmarc

MATTEmarc Member

techink1 speak to Gus tell him Marc sent you.
    552 W 48th St New York, NY 10036
    (212) 594-5353

He did some matte paint to my trim.
    I am sending my Model S back for tint, radar and park assistant.

16. njclean

njclean RED P85 15454

Wow. I know this post is a couple months old so sorry to revive, but getting delivery of my P85 this week or next and looking for tips.

That seems incredibly reasonable for the XPEL. From other forums I am seeing folks get quotes for $3k-$4k+ for the whole car. I know you got less than the whole car, but still seems incredibly reasonable. Other than cost , any reason you didn't get the whole car done, in particular the rocker panels? I have a Fisker Karma as well and the rocker panels are where I seem to get the most pebble damage.

Also considering tint, in particular for my kiddos in the jumpseats in the back. 3M Crystalline is the leading contender - only hold back is the concern that some folks have about red/blue effect seen sometimes on the Crystalline. Any similar issue with you? There is another tint heavily recommended from the West Coast folks called Prestige Spectra Photosync - only don't know if I'll be able to find anyone who can install it in NJ/NYC.