Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S air suspension unit repair possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I last year I had a second hand air suspension unit fitted due to the fact that the threads on the top of the strut were worn and I wasn't able to attach the air line to the said strut. For the past month I have an annoying rattle coming from that changed strut. Just want to know if it is possible that I could take this strut off the vehicle and have the top thread unit removed and replace the old threads from the original strut which is still in my garage?
Does anyone know of a company that could make these 2 struts into one good unit?
The vehicle I have is a Cat S so Tesla won't supply any items for the vehicle, which I find infuriating ( the car was written off and the only damage to it was front bumper,bonnet and windscreen). Doesn't seem Tesla are that eco friendly......
If anyone can help,it would be much appreciated 🙏. Many thanks.

Fastlane Paint & Body did a lot of repairs when my Model X was nearly written-off. They're a Tesla-approved bodyshop. I don't know if they'd be into splicing together two components, but it might be worth giving them a call at least?