Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Car fire opinions and rant on the news media.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frustrated yesterday about all the mis-reporting and slanderous statements after the third Tesla car fire. Did this one on spur of the moment, recovering from cold so voice still cracking. The rant about the news media is pertaining to ALL news media. Not just Fox with Ms. Fix, because it is NOT just FOX but all the news media sensationalizing something like this making it a "juicy" story to boost ratings.
I did restrain myself on the mild rant, the Day-Quil was just starting to kick in, this was originally meant to be a 3-4minute video...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video.

Frustrated yesterday about all the mis-reporting and slanderous statements after the third Tesla car fire. Did this one on spur of the moment, recovering from cold so voice still cracking. The rant about the news media is pertaining to ALL news media. Not just Fox with Ms. Fix, because it is NOT just FOX but all the news media sensationalizing something like this making it a "juicy" story to boost ratings.
I did restrain myself on the mild rant, the Day-Quil was just starting to kick in, this was originally meant to be a 3-4minute video...

Great video and summary.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was helpful KMAN thanks. Nothing like a dose of reality. I have the hollow ball slider on my fj cruiser and weighs 8.6 lbs. The S is very low and that thing could be sitting on a bump, as you said it could be be moving when it fell...etc. I agree - major damage to any low vehicle in that situation. In over 25 years of driving I have only hit the remains of a tire.

Last edited:
Nitpicker's corner:
Not Oklahoma. Not Oregon. Kent, Washington. ;)
Could have swore it was Oregon. The Oklahoma was a oopsie, corrected myself to what I thought was correct which was not correct with has now been corrected by the brianman.

- - - Updated - - -

That was helpful KMAN thanks. Nothing like a dose of reality. I have the hollow ball slider on my fj cruiser and weighs 8.6 lbs. The S is very low and that thing could be sitting on a bump, as you said it could be be moving when it fell...etc. I agree - major damange to any low vehicle in that situation. In over 25 years of driving the most I have only hit the remains of a tire.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I am working on putting together my list of videos, as I am now over 60 videos on the Model S. I take viewer requests as well.

Cheers!

It appears that the trailer ball I showed in the video, was what the model S ran over. similar even with the 3 balls on the ball mount. At least that is what I read.

At 7:12 in your video you can easily see the plastic aerodynamic covering that sits before the shielded and armored battery pack. We have yet to hear a definitive statement as to what happened in this second fire, however I contend that this could be the weak spot causing the problems. It would also be an easy PR fix to change that cover to metal.

As your video shows clearly that three ball tow hitch in the right position would strike the bottom of the car. It might dent the armored pack. It would definitely penetrate the plastic covering, and having done so, strike the front of the battery pack and any exposed wiring and cables that are located there.

Nice video, islandbayy.