Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Drucifer, good points on the private parties in denial and those used car lots that went off KBB and NADA values. OUCH! Painful lessons are being learned indeed! I agree with all your points except Tesla CPO setting the floor on pricing. I think they've set the ceiling. Their trade in and buy back values are the floor in my opinion. This puts private party values just slightly above the trade in for the reasons I mentioned like: warranty, factory reconditioning, delivery prestige, anonymous buying experience etc. I'd much rather buy a CPO from Tesla than private party BUT for the right price, I'll buy used from private party and then buy the extended warranty and hopefully still be thousands ahead.

You are correct. They set the ceiling for the buyers who are aware of the existence of the CPO program. I agree that I'd rather buy CPO since I trust Tesla on the other side of the transaction and the extended warranty has value.

- - - Updated - - -

The $110K figure is a bit odd because the very well optioned S85D I am considering is right around $100K and it comes with about $10 of rebates based on where you live.

Sorry, I might have been hard to follow - confusing in my statement. I welcome you rechecking my logic, as I certainly make errors at times.

1. Take an S85D, Make sure to choose Metallic Paint, Pano, 21" Grey wheels, Next Gen tan seats, Wood, Alcantera - Use Next Gen seats as proxy for Performance seats.
2. Choose all options except Subzero, Autopilot and Executive seats
3. Add carbon fiber spoiler from P85D
4. Add Paint Armor (no longer offered)
5. Add 2nd charger for Dual Charger (now offered post-sale only)
6. Add Delivery / Destination Charge

Make sure to not use the "including gas savings" number that they have up there now and not take off the tax credit (I handle that in the math in the next paragraph with the "including tax credit" phrase, which is only the Fed $7.5k where I live)

Last edited:
Add me to the list of CPO buyers! P85 Pearl White 25k miles, 21in Gray rims, pano roof, perf gray sears, carbon fiber trim, carbon fiber spoiler, Studio Sound, tech package, Smart Air, Rear facing seats, and twin chargers for 66k! I'm excited but at the same time wondering if I got a good deal considering a 70d with autopilot can be had for 10k more after tax credits...
Congrats!
Another sacramento area model s on the way!

It seems a few people have bought cars in the DC area recently but none are reflected in the Grand Consolidator by Dr. Hank. Are cars removed from the live listing when a deposit is put down or the car is actually picked up by the new owner?

- - - Updated - - -

I also find this interesting, because once you get below $60k, now you are in the price range of someone considering an new BMW i3 Rex.

But then you'd be driving a BMW i3... I'd rather drive a 2012 S60 than a 2015 i3.

If I get an i3, this is what I'd have to wear every morning on the way to work...

sad-face-paper-bag.jpg

It seems a few people have bought cars in the DC area recently but none are reflected in the Grand Consolidator by Dr. Hank. Are cars removed from the live listing when a deposit is put down or the car is actually picked up by the new owner?

Mine was removed from the live listing as soon as I paid the deposit. When I went back to the listing and hit refresh on the browser, it was gone.

What you are saying about the i3 is my point. Just get the used S60 that is in the same price range (within $10k) - of course I guess it isn't entirely in the same price range as the i3 still has the tax credit that the used S60 does not have.

Mine was removed from the live listing as soon as I paid the deposit. When I went back to the listing and hit refresh on the browser, it was gone.

If the car was previously listed in the top section of the Consolidator, it is moved to the bottom "Sold" section when the listing is removed from the Tesla CPO website.

I have no idea the criteria on when/how they are removed from the Tesla site, but other people have reported they are removed as soon as they clicked "buy".

But the Consolidator should reflect pretty much what is/has been on the TM site since Monday. If anyone sees any discrepancies, let me know and I'll look into it.

Thanks so much for putting this interface together. It seemed odd that we now have a few people who have confirmed to buy cars from the DC area and none are reflected as sold in the Consolidator. It lists no DC sales when we know there have been a few...

If the car was previously listed in the top section of the Consolidator, it is moved to the bottom "Sold" section when the listing is removed from the Tesla CPO website.

I have no idea the criteria on when/how they are removed from the Tesla site, but other people have reported they are removed as soon as they clicked "buy".

But the Consolidator should reflect pretty much what is/has been on the TM site since Monday. If anyone sees any discrepancies, let me know and I'll look into it.

My DC sale was on Friday, before the consolidator went up. lolgas clarified a few posts back that s/he purchased his/her's before the CPO site went live.

My New York sale was also on Friday. Too bad, since the options are listed in a more detailed manner on the consolidator. I would like to know if I have red brake calipers, for example. I guess that will just be a delivery surprise now.

Again, awesome, thanks. One request? Could you add a download link to pull down as a CSV? I'd like to be able to import into excel to do fancy sorting (ie, sort by trim, then year to easily find all the 2014 P85+'s, for instance). I figure that's easier than asking you to implement more complicated sorting.

It's already built in -- just use the SHIFT key and then click on multiple columns to sort. So click on "Trim" as the primary sort. Then holding the shift key down, click on one more more other columns to then sort within each successive column. You can click on each column multiple times (while still holding SHIFT) to reverse the sort or turn off sorting for that column.

But I'll try to get a full CSV extract later today.
I hearby withdraw my request. Your multi-column sort works great. I have no need for CSV export, so don't do it on my account. Thanks again for doing this.

I have a deposit on a 2013 P85 with tech, 21 gray wheels, active air, upgraded sound, black performance leather seats, spoiler with 18k miles in white. It's $68,500. I hope this is a good deal. Sounds like it is since the orig price was $110k. Also, I don't understand the delivery process. I'm 3 hours away from the location of the car. I wonder if I can just go pick it up? I ordered in a service center and it's been a very confusing process. How long was delivery of CPO vehicles so far? Did someone contact you immediately? I put a deposit down on Thursday, today is Wednesday. No word.

Help!

I have a deposit on a 2013 P85 with tech, 21 gray wheels, active air, upgraded sound, black performance leather seats, spoiler with 18k miles in white. It's $68,500. I hope this is a good deal. Sounds like it is since the orig price was $110k. Also, I don't understand the delivery process. I'm 3 hours away from the location of the car. I wonder if I can just go pick it up? I ordered in a service center and it's been a very confusing process. How long was delivery of CPO vehicles so far? Did someone contact you immediately? I put a deposit down on Thursday, today is Wednesday. No word.

Help!

Call Tesla Sales with your order number (RN Number) from your online sales confirmation / PDF

Sales

Toll free: (888) 51-TESLA or (888) 518-3752

I am absolutely enamored by the car, what Tesla has done, and the stark differences compared to traditional car dealers. That said, even while I'm foaming at the mouth in anticipation of my car, I see that Tesla continues to have their #1 deficiency - communication. While I would LOVE my car to arrive within a week of ordering, I understand that is just a pipe dream and unrealistic. That said, I would have imagined that in 5 days, I could have at least gotten a rough email. Originally I wanted a "next steps" too, but I got that yesterday from my DS. I think I would actually be less anxious if I just had a date to target and go hide in my corner until near then. But, let me say, I still much prefer working with Tesla than any other car company I've ever worked with before.

While I would LOVE my car to arrive within a week of ordering,

I have the opposite problem. Lease turn-in on my 2013 Chevy Volt is in September. I will wind up having two cars (and two payments) all summer. At least I figured out how to shuffle the deck chairs to make it all work with the credit union. Tesla wants me to take delivery before the end of May, BTW. No stalling on CPO.

I originally wanted to think of waiting for June to see what inventory 70Ds come along, but given that I have gotten only 3 hours of sleep a night b/c I stay on these forums, watch the walkaround videos, and refresh my dashboard over and over; the sooner the better at this point!

So you at least heard "end of May". That's better than I've heard with when to expect my car -- I got "we'll know more soon!"

I have the opposite problem. Lease turn-in on my 2013 Chevy Volt is in September. I will wind up having two cars (and two payments) all summer. At least I figured out how to shuffle the deck chairs to make it all work with the credit union. Tesla wants me to take delivery before the end of May, BTW. No stalling on CPO.

buy the volt and sell it.