Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have no clue when to perform the next round of maintenance on it because I do not know when the coolant was drained (if ever). I also haven't gotten clear pics of the titanium shield to see if it is installed on my car. I went ahead and changed the wipers myself, but wonder if I should just change the cabin filter since I cannot tell when it was last done. When to get my brakes flushed was a concern, but after they replaced all my brakes a few month ago, that basically restarted the 2-year clock there.

Tesla should be telling you this info as it's important to car maintenance, I am sure they will inform you of these needs if you ask?, if they don't and something happens to the car that is on them.

Have you tried calling the mothership and discussing this issue with them?

No. Is that 844-248-3752 ?

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone reading here bought the P85 Vin 8832 old dark blue without pano (it popped up briefly this morning), be sure that Tesla fixes the hail damage to the hood. I drove that car before it was traded in. Good car and well cared for!

Two S60's just dropped for sub $40k.

I am tempted to jump on the blue one with pano and tan leather for $35,7 that has 58k miles and no tech package.

Saw those also, looks like they may be gone already...
I'm really trying to wait for a sub $60k CPO or Inventory with Auto Pilot to hold me over until the Model 3 comes out, but if I see a CPO S60 for less than $35k I might jump on it...

Saw those also, looks like they may be gone already...
I'm really trying to wait for a sub $60k CPO or Inventory with Auto Pilot to hold me over until the Model 3 comes out, but if I see a CPO S60 for less than $35k I might jump on it...

Yep the blue one I wanted sold before I got to it.

I'm in the same boat - waiting for a mid $60's Dual Motor car with AP.

My thought is driving a $35k Tesla while I waited for that to be reality is better than my current Accord even if it doesn't have all the options I really want, and I think I could sell for close to that price private party with the CPO warranty even after a year when the used Dual Motor prices drop.

Do people still want cars with the first generation seats and NO autopilot?
I have little use for autopilot where I live since the nearest multilane highway is 30 miles away and the only freeway is 95 miles away, so it wouldn't work on the roads I drive regularly. Helpful for occasional long trips but that's it.

As for the seats, what's the difference between old ones and new ones? Just curious. Regardless, those on a tight budget can't get too picky... :cool:

Yup. Looks really tempting for a starter car, but heh 60s are really worthless in my view. Especially with those mileage. The warranty is about 1/2 there already and this doesnt have much else. I think the 60s shouldve been this price all along. Hopefully we see more of them at this price in the coming months.

But tempting!

considering my main car has a 24 kWh battery I'd consider even a degraded 60 kWh a big upgrade.

But it'd have to be at a big discount compared to a 70D. I'd really like to have autopilot and dual motors. So a 60 that doesn't have the goodies would have to be cheap to make someone jump.

That's the disconnect then. Anyone familiar with other mfg CPO process (or just used buying in general) would think the car is "ready" when the intent to sell/purchase is done, not waiting for someone to put money down on it before inspection/reconditioning. Interesting approach to inventory management.

I got confirmation today that my order from 12/18 has still not shipped and no shipping date has been given! DS told me today they are now expecting the car to be ready mid January. I had to go rent a car today. Ugh.

I agree that listing CPO cars as soon as they are turned in is the most efficient way to manage inventory but it does not lead to a great customer experience.

Andrew

Last edited:
I have little use for autopilot where I live since the nearest multilane highway is 30 miles away and the only freeway is 95 miles away, so it wouldn't work on the roads I drive regularly.
Helpful for occasional long trips but that's it.
As for the seats, what's the difference between old ones and new ones? Just curious. Regardless, those on a tight budget can't get too picky... :cool:

I would consider the seating to be the most important option of all ... the largest point of contact with your body when driving. :wink:
The next generation seats (NGS) are really great and I would not buy a CPO car without them ... or add them after your purchase.