Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just logging in to post the odd the Model X listing. While the Title Says Model X and the options code list is clearly for a Model X, the pictures shown are for a Model S.

This will probably break all the various CPO trackers, including mine, as there will be duplicate serial numbers.

Looking at CPOs.....what is the highest mileage CPO you'd even consider? Also am I correct in stating that the 'basic warranty' is out after 4 years but the 'drivetrain' and 'battery' are good for 8 years/unlimited miles?

Looking at 85's/P85's.

As a side note I'd like to possibly keep the price below 50K .....I could go 60K if I had to.....I know mileage drives the price....

Thank You!

Skione65

Last edited:
The only CPOs I see now are 60s. But I have had very mixed results with the Tesla site. At least I see something out there now.

I told my CPO advisor that I would consider ANY mileage as long as there is a CPO warranty in effect. I understand that this could be up to 60,000 miles.

I bought a 2008 Chrysler Hybrid with 50,000 miles, but with a 4-year unlimited mile warranty. I got rid of it within 6 months after the warranty ran out. Even that wasn't soon enough for that limited production. It was only made the one year ~3,000 units. It was a mechanical ticking time bomb that had it's battery pack and drive train replaced ($100 deductible; estimated at $30,000 cost to Chrysler).

I don't expect to have that same experience with Tesla. I am guessing that there is a higher likelihood that Tesla will be around as a brand than Chrysler.

Looking at CPOs.....what is the highest mileage CPO you'd even consider? Also am I correct in stating that the 'basic warranty' is out after 4 years but the 'drivetrain' and 'battery' are good for 8 years/unlimited miles?

Looking at 85's/P85's.

As a side note I'd like to possibly keep the price below 50K .....I could go 60K if I had to.....I know mileage drives the price....

Thank You!

Skione65

The CPO warranty is 4 years/50k miles from the time your purchase it as a CPO; however, the original 8-year unlimited mile battery warranty still applies. So for instance my Model S was first delivered around 12/15/12. I took delivery Saturday with 51,xxx miles. So my CPO warranty lasts until 101,xxx miles or May 2020. But the battery warranty expires December 2020.

Word on the street is they will CPO a car with up to 60k miles.

The CPO warranty is 4 years/50k miles from the time your purchase it as a CPO; however, the original 8-year unlimited mile battery warranty still applies. So for instance my Model S was first delivered around 12/15/12. I took delivery Saturday with 51,xxx miles. So my CPO warranty lasts until 101,xxx miles or May 2020. But the battery warranty expires December 2020.

Word on the street is they will CPO a car with up to 60k miles.

@Boourns,

Thank you! Just found the 4/50K.

Ski

Man, like blood in the water. CPO's getting picked up left and right. Unfortunately, I didn't see one that quite matched my needs. RFS is indeed a rare breed. Hopefully some of you guys picked up one that matched your criteria.

True....just lost two right out from under me.....

Are you guys buying these CPO's 'sight unseen', running CarFax's on the VINs or what? How do we check the condition of these short of putting the $1,000K deposit on it and flying in to check it out?

Ski

Sounds like that is what you have to do if you see something that checks all the boxes. If you try to do more research, high chance of someone else taking it from under your nose.

With the 4 year/50k CPO warranty, I wouldn't have much qualms purchasing site unseen.

So what are the takes on the $1,000 Deposit on the CPO's? I'm sure they're 'non-refundable'? Or can you switch it to another CPO if you're dissatisfied with the original for whatever reason?

Ski
According to the fine print, it says you have 72 hours to apply the $1k to another vehicle if you cancel your original order. Looks like once you place the deposit, though, that $1k is Tesla's no matter what, vehicle purchase or not.

With the flood of 60's I think this is a strategic move to fulfill some of the pent up demand for CPO's AND get the higher mileage 60's and 85's out of inventory. The skew is just too great for me to think otherwise. I'm thinking those that hold out for what they want (lower mileage 85s, P85s) will have their chance in a few more months. Of course they may hold on to those as "service loaners" until the X bugs are all worked out. I doubt any X owner was all too thrilled to be given a 60 to use while their vehicle was in the SC for repairs. This is just wave #1 of the CPO FLOOD I believe and prices are not too impressive.

With the flood of 60's I think this is a strategic move to fulfill some of the pent up demand for CPO's AND get the higher mileage 60's and 85's out of inventory. The skew is just too great for me to think otherwise. I'm thinking those that hold out for what they want (lower mileage 85s, P85s) will have their chance in a few more months. Of course they may hold on to those as "service loaners" until the X bugs are all worked out. I doubt any X owner was all too thrilled to be given a 60 to use while their vehicle was in the SC for repairs. This is just wave #1 of the CPO FLOOD I believe and prices are not too impressive.

Agree. Given the 60 was discontinued 13 months ago, I would think clearing them out would be a priority at this point. I also believe that they are working their way from the lower range models up in order to better control pricing.

BTW, I would be totally fine getting a 60 as a loaner. That's better than getting a random enterprise car.