Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cheapest CPO I saw with RFS is this one: 60 kWh Model S P09509 | Tesla Motors
$50.1k 2013 S60 with 39.7k miles.
  1. Red Multi-Coat Paint
  2. All Glass Panoramic Roof
  3. 19" Wheels
  4. Black Leather Interior
  5. Piano Black Décor
  6. Supercharging
  7. Tech Package
  8. Active Air Suspension
  9. Sound Studio Package
  10. Rear Facing Seats
Still available as of this posting. I still need the price to drop another 5-10k before jumping in.

Ok - just got a message from Brent.

He said that they have been doing an Internal Pricing Audit @ Tesla and prices will be going up on ALL CPOs.

Does anybody know anything about this?!?!?

I'm wondering if I need to do a panic purchase or what.....

Ok - just got a message from Brent.

He said that they have been doing an Internal Pricing Audit @ Tesla and prices will be going up on ALL CPOs.

Does anybody know anything about this?!?!?

I'm wondering if I need to do a panic purchase or what.....

Curious if it's a ploy to get you (and others) to pull the trigger. I'm thinking it's better to buy sooner than later if you find one to your liking, though. Either it will be snapped up by someone else, or this price spike actually does happen.

Yeah. It would also cost more to ship to MD, making it more expensive on the east coast.

I just wanted to point out that there was one with RFS that was cheaper than the "cheapest" one you found. ;)

I'm curious about the pricing differential....the $50.1k one should be quite a bit more than the other one, based on the options packages. That or the $49.3k one should be quite a bit less. Wonder if these CPOs are manually priced, or there is some internal pricing software that just spits out a value.

When I was talking to various people within Tesla in search of my CPO, I was told that Tesla is trying to keep as many of the lower mileage higher battery cars in their service inventory as possible for service loaners. Apparently the demand for loaners has significantly increased and they're having issues with the Model X as well. They've had to give some ICE cars and they want to avoid doing that. So only the higher mileage higher battery cars are coming up (85, P85, etc.) with over 40-45k miles and most/all of their 60s- hence why you see these with very low miles.

I'm sure as the 85Ds age in their inventory and the mileage starts clicking up past 40-45k, you'll see those in the CPO listings as well. I don't expect to see many of those yet as they're still too new for the cars to have accumulated those kind of miles.

I'm curious about the pricing differential....the $50.1k one should be quite a bit more than the other one, based on the options packages. That or the $49.3k one should be quite a bit less. Wonder if these CPOs are manually priced, or there is some internal pricing software that just spits out a value.
Good question! I think the actual condition of the car would affect the price as well. I wonder if there are regional pricing differences as well.

Good question! I think the actual condition of the car would affect the price as well. I wonder if there are regional pricing differences as well.

I would wager they are using a formula to set the prices. Having run these through a modeling process the prices are very predictable which would not be the case if multiple people were just assigning prices out of the blue. The prices seem to be directly influenced by features, age, and mileage.

Interesting tidbit from my CPO contact, he says that any pricing he gave me so far on CPOs are good until next Monday. After that, they will be adjusting some prices up marginally but some will be adjusted even greater.

Not exactly sure what that all means, but thought everyone else on the CPO hunt would be interested in hearing.

Interesting tidbit from my CPO contact, he says that any pricing he gave me so far on CPOs are good until next Monday. After that, they will be adjusting some prices up marginally but some will be adjusted even greater.

Not exactly sure what that all means, but thought everyone else on the CPO hunt would be interested in hearing.
I'd call that "bluff". Tesla is not in control of the used market per se, the market itself is. The only way this would make sense is if they upped the cost of a new S by a substantial amount. The delta needs to be significant enough between new and CPO to move sales of new, inventory and CPO. Tesla is sitting on hundreds of CPO that are all depreciating assets and holding up much needed cash. I don't buy it and sounds like a classic sales pitch (very unlike Tesla) but still human nature.

I'd call that "bluff". Tesla is not in control of the used market per se, the market itself is. The only way this would make sense is if they upped the cost of a new S by a substantial amount. The delta needs to be significant enough between new and CPO to move sales of new, inventory and CPO. Tesla is sitting on hundreds of CPO that are all depreciating assets and holding up much needed cash. I don't buy it and sounds like a classic sales pitch (very unlike Tesla) but still human nature.

Plus they could always pull the "Actually, that pricing increase was nixed by the mothership!" excuse if it turns out they don't increase prices. Seems very anti-Tesla to pull a "Buy before prices go up!" ploy, but Tesla is in the business of selling cars, so not 100% surprising.