TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Benjamin Brooks, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

OMG I just ordered the $57k one at the "DC" location (I called my order contact and he sent me the full print and Monrooney from their system - it's actually at Tyson's Corner VA).

• Like x 1
  2. lolgas

lolgas Member

Nice, congrats!

3. Krrphx

Krrphx Member

Anyone know if I can purchase and have a car shipped to the Phoenix, AZ service center? I know this was the procedure prior to the official unveiling of the CPO program tonight - I just don't know if it's changed now.

4. lolgas

lolgas Member

I'd assume so however they may charge a destination fee. Worst case you transfer your $1k deposit to another vehicle in the event they won't transport.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

#25 Drucifer, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Don't tell my wife (I'll tell her tomorrow), but I just now put down a deposit on a really loaded $68k CPO P85 that is in "New York" for a Raleigh delivery. For some reason it won't let me pick the Charlotte service center for delivery. Maybe the CPO DS(?) can figure it out.

6. No2DinosaurFuel

No2DinosaurFuel Active Member

damn! some of these tesla are pretty tempting! I have seen some at 55K or less. 50K is my magic number again with reasonable mileage. Am I asking too much for if I want a 85D for 55K? hahah I guess I will have to do some more waiting. Hopefully tesla will drop the price of some of these cars if they do not sell.

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

I called my Tesla rep (after texting first since it's past midnight!) and he verified everything and said no transport fee.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight!

Production Complete
    Your Model S is in transit for pickup or delivery.

8. uisynot

uisynot Member

I'm with you brother! I just placed an order on a fully loaded (Even came with rear facing seats!) 2013 P85 26k miles for 66k!!!! OMG I'm gonna hyperventilate! I've been waiting soooooooooooooo long!

9. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

#29 Johann Koeber, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    This IS as demand secret weapon.

Not THE demand secret weapon, but certainly a good move by Tesla.

More affordable cars
    with a new warranty (peace of mind)

For those of us who always want the best/newest/greatest a way to trade up.

10. Johan

Johan Funds for M3 secured. Contingent on wife aproval.

That's a great deal! Congratulations! Tve peace of mind when buying from Tesla is a great bonus.

11. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Congrats!
    Great deal!

12. lolgas

lolgas Member

Some fantastic deals to be had! I've been scrolling through after putting down a deposit last night and I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did. I spoke to my DM late last night and he said if there's any doubt that the car may sell over night, put down the deposit and we'll figure out logistics today given I have 2 vehicles with a deposit now, 14 S60 and 13 P85....decisions decisions

13. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Congrats. I was looking at that one last night...

14. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

The Tesla Motors CPO program, because of the quality of the the product, and the care with which the company -- and its owners -- preserve and improve it, will be a profound success point.

I have a feeling this (CPO program) is going to do more for Tesla Motors than most people -- even the most-optimistic-fans -- believe.

Do not underestimate the demand (new and existing customers) this is generating for Tesla Motors.

I can go buy a Tesla -- from Tesla -- TODAY!

Not only does Tesla design / manufacture a passionate work art (on wheels), the cars (and soon-to-be SUVs) are reliable.

These cars are world-class athletes.

Keeping all of these bulls on the road, and in top shape, is yet another free advertisement.

15. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

Same here. I spent about an hour looking last night and and pulled the trigger around 10:30 eastern time.

I was thinking the same thing. I found my exact spec car (Green P85 with rear facing seats...and other stuff, but you get how few Green P85 with 3rd row seats exist) with even more features than I would have done on the studio at a price that I can't match elsewhere.

I am 90% sure I am right. If I wait until I am 100%, then I will lose the deal. If I lose the $1000, well, it wouldn't be the first time I have had a deal or investment go south. I am pretty sure I am good.

16. Gerasimental

Gerasimental Member

So, in about 12 hours of the website being online, Tesla has sold 6 CPO cars to TMC members only.
    Extrapolating, that's 12 per day, or 360 per quarter. Not too shabby :)

xkcd: Extrapolating

17. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

You have people here who were waiting on the sidelines for the right moment and right deal to pull the trigger. I don't think it will maintain the pace, but of course, on the other side, there are many people who don't know this exists, so as the market becomes aware that there is online CPO sales, there could be more activity.

18. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Two nice Sig Reds P85s for sale in SF area. Drool.

19. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

Is anyone else curious how large the cpo inventory backlog is? This could just be a test market to validate prices and move aging inventory, followed by price adjustment up or down on remaining inventory.

does inventory purchases still exist or will inventory cars be sold as CPO and crush my dreams of a cheap 70d inventory near term. Tesla won't have to give such a steep discount on inventory cars if they extend the warranty out the gate.

as a tsla investor I love the margins these cpo cars are fetching but don't see sustainability in 25% on used. As a ready buyer I'm torn on pulling the trigger now or waiting for awd in this price territory

20. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

This has to be a typo. (In Atlanta area)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429967202.033872.jpg