Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my call that I should be ready for pickup Friday. I might push to Monday though. I have a lot of stuff to get done this weekend and having the car sitting there in the driveway would be a massive distraction.

Finally got my call that I should be ready for pickup Friday. I might push to Monday though. I have a lot of stuff to get done this weekend and having the car sitting there in the driveway would be a massive distraction.
You have far more restraint than I. I'm pretty sure if they confirm my car is ready on Friday like it is supposed to be, I am going to have to use every ounce of willpower not to skip my two year old's birthday party.

Ha! Well the chain of progress for me is behind schedule sadly.

Garage full of crap? Build massive shed in backyard to fit crap. - Done!
Shed is built, but has no shelving or organizing so I can only fit a few things though... - Partially done.

So I need to finish the inside of the shed, and put stuff away in it in an organized fashion (cue tetris theme) to clean out the garage to hold the car.

(and install garage door openers, and next Wed my rooftop solar install and charger installation are happening)

Hey all,

I am beta testing a simple SMS application (powered by Twilio) that will send users an SMS when Tesla adds or updates a CPO or INV vehicle on their website. The SMS simply contains a link to the vehicle's listing page on Tesla.com. That's it. The delay between a vehicle being posted on the website and the user receiving an SMS is ~5 minutes.

2016-07-20%2008.38.58.png

If you're interested in being a beta tester, please PM me. Thanks!

Reactions: AMPd
I like your idea, but what happens on days Tesla does a big dump of CPO's? Do you get bombarded with 100 text messages?

In today's iteration, yes. Does that happen often? I've only been following ev-cpo for a few weeks now.

But it wouldn't be too hard to build a single text message that contains up to, say, 5 links and then encourages you to checks Tesla's site directly.

Or perhaps if users specify a sufficient filter (i.e. inventory, P90D, red) that would reduce the likelihood of getting too many messages?

This will all be forgotten in a few days, but trade in problems are fairly common and that is why I sold my car myself.

I spent 3 days cleaning up the old car and writing ads. The very first person that showed up, test drove the car and made me a full price offer at the end of the test drive. In summary I spent 3 days of my time and got a full three thousand more than what Car Max offered me for the car.

When the car was gone I bought a bus pass and rode the bus to work for the next month while Tesla got my new(CPO) car ready. Was it a pain in the ***. Yes. Was it worth it Yes. As they say your mileage may vary. :)

I had a similar experience. Tesla offered me a price, I didn't trade in and kept the truck for another year and 10k miles. About a year later on a Friday, I have the car washed and waxed and get all my stuff out. Saturday I put an ad up on Craigslist, for $3k over what Tesla offered me and take appointments for Sunday. The first person to test drive it ended up paying another $1k over asking and it was a very trouble-free experience. So even after another 10k miles a year later, I got $4k more than Tesla wanted to give me for my truck.

Don't understand why anyone would $1k over asking? it is not like there was a bidding war as sometimes we see in real estate sales

There was a bidding war on my truck. I priced it between Very Good and Excellent using Kelly Blue Book's Private Party Valuation. I had the usual few lowball offers, but I had many offers to buy it instantly at my offer price. I took hourly appointments to see the car and was honest with everyone about it and that I had additional appts. The first person offered asking, but didn't have the cash to make a non-refundable deposit. The second person missed the appointment and when the third on was on his way the biddling war started. The first person went to $1k over and met (at their bank's ATM) within the hour with a $500 non-refundable deposit. I then mailed off the payoff check on Monday and maybe two weeks later I had the title and we completed the transaction.

Reactions: 1 person
I traded my model s to tesla, did not want to deal with people wanting test drives, however I did get a good offer for it which made the decision to trade in a lot easier.
Most painless experience ever! Went in, dropped my car off, few signatures later, drove off in my new model s

Reactions: Cyclone