Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a tip for people specifically looking for parking sensors or folding mirrors in their CPO search, if you view the source code in your web browser of choice for the Tesla CPO listing, the option codes are listed in the code. I believe it is about half way in the code. Once you find that, all you need to look for are PK01 for the parking sensors and X037 for the mirrors. This should virtually eliminate any guessing games unless there was an error in the listing.

Be careful of this...My car actually had the X037 code attached to it, but when the vehicle actually came to my local SC it did not. So lesson of the day would be to make sure you confirm it via live eyes on the car before you hit that deposit button.

Yes, I did add it...but at a whole lotta a moola!
Assuming you are talking in regards to your Founder edition? If that option code was attached, I'm sure that was in error as that code didn't exist until much later in production.

Did EV-CPO show it having the mirror option (if you were using that during the purchase process)?
Thanks, I was curious as to how accurate the codes are. I suppose if your advisor didn't even reliably know what was on the car, I will just have to take a leap of faith when I am ready to pull the trigger.

According to my database, I'm seeing 28 '13 VINs with the X037 option code for folding mirrors, starting at P12264.. and lower than my VIN --- which is pretty strange, because my car, a July '13 build and VIN 15xxx does not have the PFM. I know cars aren't produced in VIN order, but that's a big jump from 12xxx to 15xxx for my car not to have the PFM.

I feel like I did this analysis recently, but didn't find PFM on VINs this low. And I'm pretty sure Tesla isn't retro-fitting them on all these CPO cars gratis.

It's also strange that looking at currently available 2013 CPOs with PFM, the VINs start at P12264 and have 28 below my VIN P15xxx. But looking at history of all 2013 CPOs sold with PFM, the VINs start at P14579.

So I suspect this may be a coding error for very low 2013 VINs with build dates before Fall, 2013 when the PFM really became available.

Just a tip for people specifically looking for parking sensors or folding mirrors in their CPO search, if you view the source code in your web browser of choice for the Tesla CPO listing, the option codes are listed in the code. I believe it is about half way in the code. Once you find that, all you need to look for are PK01 for the parking sensors and X037 for the mirrors. This should virtually eliminate any guessing games unless there was an error in the listing.

But it's exactly these options code listings that supply the option lists for everything else. So even if X037 or PK01 is listed in the HTML source of the detail page, that doesn't actually mean that they are on the car. That's why I'm saying it could be a database/coding error on Tesla's end with these early 2013 VINs with those option codes.

Assuming you are talking in regards to your Founder edition? If that option code was attached, I'm sure that was in error as that code didn't exist until much later in production.

Yes, I know the X037 code didn't exist till much later, but I thought (as well as the OA) that the previous owner might have also updated/upgraded the car to power folding mirrors as well when I saw the spec sheet at the local SC. It wasn't till the car actually arrived did we know for sure that it didn't....still a mystery why the code was attached to the car to begin with.

Thank you for your feedback Dreamer and Rahul. I did ask for the car fax and it's clean. They don't have any pictures. The CPO vehicles come with a 50000 mile warranty so I am assuming TESLA will recondition and ensure the vehicle meets TESLA's standards prior to delivery. I don't have the AIM inspection report. Is that something that TESLA will provide me or is that something I need to purchase individually?

But it's exactly these options code listings that supply the option lists for everything else. So even if X037 or PK01 is listed in the HTML source of the detail page, that doesn't actually mean that they are on the car. That's why I'm saying it could be a database/coding error on Tesla's end with these early 2013 VINs with those option codes.
Something must have been messed up recently then, because it has always (far as I know) been reliable before. There's no way VINs that low have the option unless they were retrofitted. But even then, Tesla is not going to go back and change the build codes if they added them.

According to my database, I'm seeing 28 '13 VINs with the X037 option code for folding mirrors, starting at P12264.. and lower than my VIN --- which is pretty strange, because my car, a July '13 build and VIN 15xxx does not have the PFM. I know cars aren't produced in VIN order, but that's a big jump from 12xxx to 15xxx for my car not to have the PFM.

I feel like I did this analysis recently, but didn't find PFM on VINs this low. And I'm pretty sure Tesla isn't retro-fitting them on all these CPO cars gratis.

It's also strange that looking at currently available 2013 CPOs with PFM, the VINs start at P12264 and have 28 below my VIN P15xxx. But looking at history of all 2013 CPOs sold with PFM, the VINs start at P14579.

So I suspect this may be a coding error for very low 2013 VINs with build dates before Fall, 2013 when the PFM really became available.
Hank, I went to view the source code on P12264 and do not see X037 listed. Not sure why you are seeing it does?

Agree with @Dreamer . Have you asked for photos, damage, Carfax, Aims inspection report, notable service issues, etc?

Thank you for your feedback @Dreamer and @Rahul :) I did ask TESLA for the car fax and it's clean :) They don't have any pictures. The CPO vehicles come with a 50000 mile warranty so I am assuming TESLA will recondition and ensure the vehicle meets TESLA's standards prior to delivery. I don't have the AIM inspection report. Is that something that TESLA will provide me or is that something I need to purchase individually?

Yes, I know the X037 code didn't exist till much later, but I thought (as well as the OA) that the previous owner might have also updated/upgraded the car to power folding mirrors as well when I saw the spec sheet at the local SC. It wasn't till the car actually arrived did we know for sure that it didn't....still a mystery why the code was attached to the car to begin with.

It could be that Tesla replaced the mirrors for some reason (warranty, CPO reconditioning, etc.). Since these mirrors are programmable (tilt in reverse), they have to be flashed. The tech replacing the mirrors may have applied the X037 code so the right flash takes place, b/c the mirrors themselves are capable of folding (even though the wiring harness isn't there). Just food for thought.

Is there any way to see build date in EV-CPO?

Thank you for your feedback @Dreamer and @Rahul :) I did ask TESLA for the car fax and it's clean :) They don't have any pictures. The CPO vehicles come with a 50000 mile warranty so I am assuming TESLA will recondition and ensure the vehicle meets TESLA's standards prior to delivery. I don't have the AIM inspection report. Is that something that TESLA will provide me or is that something I need to purchase individually?

Docsaab, I am on the same page with you. I ordered my P85 based on the specs provided by the Tesla website and I am still waiting the car to be ready for me. As you said, Tesla will recondition the vehicle and we all hope that it will meet our expectations. I requested pictures and AIM inspection report from my CPO adviser and never got any answer back. I think i will spend good amount of time when the pickup orientation date comes to inspect the vehicle as much as possible before accepting the delivery. I advise you to do the same.

Docsaab, I am on the same page with you. I ordered my P85 based on the specs provided by the Tesla website and I am still waiting the car to be ready for me. As you said, Tesla will recondition the vehicle and we all hope that it will meet our expectations. I requested pictures and AIM inspection report from my CPO adviser and never got any answer back. I think i will spend good amount of time when the pickup orientation date comes to inspect the vehicle as much as possible before accepting the delivery. I advise you to do the same.
@Dreamer I went ahead and ordered my CPO Model S. :) Do you mind sharing the price for your CPO MODEL S? I am trying to convince myself that after several months of research I made the right choice.. It will be by far the most expensive vehicle that I have ever owned :D

Hank, I went to view the source code on P12264 and do not see X037 listed. Not sure why you are seeing it does?

tl;dr: Tesla's data is out of sync, EV-CPO is OK

Ok, I spent the last hour afraid there was a major problem with EV-CPO mixing up the option codes for different cars. Nope.

Turns out that the data on Tesla's site is out of sync. EV-CPO takes the options codes from the "Location" listing where all the cars are listed with tiles. The internal code has all the information needed to extract for each car. But in this case (and likely many others) the list of options on this page does not agree with the list of options on the individual car detail pages.

For example, for P12264, here's what's on the "tiles" page:
Code:
MS02,RENA,AD02,AU01,BS00,BT85,CH00,PMSS,CW00,DRLH,HP00,IDOG,IPMB,LP00,PA00,PF00,PK00,PS01,RFBK,SC01,SP00,SU00,TM00,TP01,TR00,WT19,X001,X003,X007,X037,X011,X013,X020,X025,X027,X031,YF00
But here's the options on the car detail popup page:
Code:
MS01,RENA,AD02,AU01,BS00,BT85,CH00,COL2-PMSS,CW00,DRLH,HP00,IDOG,IPMB,LP00,PA00,PF00,PK00,PS01,RFBK,SC01,SP00,SU00,TM00,TP01,TR00,WT19,X001,X003,X007,X009,X011,X013,X020,X025,X027,X031,YF00
If you compare these two options strings, there are only three differences:
  • I'm not sure why it changes from MS02 to MS01
  • The "COL-" removal is a recent change -- Tesla removed the prefixes "COL1-","COL2-" and "COL-3" and now just leave the 4 letter color code.
  • X037 is changed to X009. As of right now, there's no description for what X009 means.
So there are now many cars listed from the "tiles" page WITH X037 (power folding mirrors) that don't actually have them.

I shall now modify one of my update scripts to go into each "detail" page and extract what appears to be the more accurate options string.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Finally took delivery almost 3 months after my CPO odyssey began (and 7 weeks after ordering this particular CPO).
They did a nice job fixing the scratches along the spoiler, the marks you see on there in the photo's below wiped off. There is a large "scratch" along the entire length of the hood from nose to front window, but it looks more like something they just neglected to buff out. (see pic)
They noted it on the due bill, along with a smaller 4" scratch just behind the driver front tire in-between the wheel well and the start of the door jam along the bottom (no pics of that one). Paint is in ok shape, it's got 50,000 miles on it so I didn't expect it to have a like new showroom shine, but they waxed it up nice so it looks pretty good.
Rides nice as you would expect, no mystery noises although the AC compressor is a little loud, not sure if that's normal. GPS took awhile to figure out where the car was, but after about 30 minutes of driving it seems to have found it's bearings. A few minor knicks here and there, but nothing major. Interior is in great shape, but there is a tiny tear on the bottom back of the passenger seat, looks like someones feet pushed down when getting in the car and tore the fabric a little. Not huge but if it gets kicked again it looks like it will tear worse easily.

My biggest disappointment was that there weren't folding mirrors, even though my CPO advisor thought there would be. Not sure what to do about that, but it's really the only let down at this point.
Overall pretty happy. Now for LTE upgrade and window tint.

View attachment 191141

I just picked up my CPO P85+ today too. I also ordered this one 7 weeks ago. It was supposed to have power folding mirrors too, but I don't seem to have them. I'm going to ask to get them added.

UGH! 7 weeks? You guys are killing me! :) 3 weeks and 4 days since I placed my order for CPO P85+ also. It's done with the CPO process, but has been sitting in Dallas looking for a ride to tag along to the east coast with some other CPOs. To think it could be a month until it gets here... UGH!

tl;dr: Tesla's data is out of sync, EV-CPO is OK

Ok, I spent the last hour afraid there was a major problem with EV-CPO mixing up the option codes for different cars. Nope.

Turns out that the data on Tesla's site is out of sync. EV-CPO takes the options codes from the "Location" listing where all the cars are listed with tiles. The internal code has all the information needed to extract for each car. But in this case (and likely many others) the list of options on this page does not agree with the list of options on the individual car detail pages.

For example, for P12264, here's what's on the "tiles" page:
Code:
MS02,RENA,AD02,AU01,BS00,BT85,CH00,PMSS,CW00,DRLH,HP00,IDOG,IPMB,LP00,PA00,PF00,PK00,PS01,RFBK,SC01,SP00,SU00,TM00,TP01,TR00,WT19,X001,X003,X007,X037,X011,X013,X020,X025,X027,X031,YF00
But here's the options on the car detail popup page:
Code:
MS01,RENA,AD02,AU01,BS00,BT85,CH00,COL2-PMSS,CW00,DRLH,HP00,IDOG,IPMB,LP00,PA00,PF00,PK00,PS01,RFBK,SC01,SP00,SU00,TM00,TP01,TR00,WT19,X001,X003,X007,X009,X011,X013,X020,X025,X027,X031,YF00
If you compare these two options strings, there are only three differences:
  • I'm not sure why it changes from MS02 to MS01
  • The "COL-" removal is a recent change -- Tesla removed the prefixes "COL1-","COL2-" and "COL-3" and now just leave the 4 letter color code.
  • X037 is changed to X009. As of right now, there's no description for what X009 means.
So there are now many cars listed from the "tiles" page WITH X037 (power folding mirrors) that don't actually have them.

I shall now modify one of my update scripts to go into each "detail" page and extract what appears to be the more accurate options string.
Good catch. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this tool. I always would look at the detail pages which would make the most sense. Very odd that the two would have some differences though.

Is the "mirrors tilt down a little when in reverse" a feature of the power folding mirrors also? My car doesn't seem to do this.

Also my car is already delivered to the service center for items listed on the due bill to fix. In addition they are going to upgrade it to LTE, and retrofit power folding mirrors onto the car as well.

They are going to try and take the huge scratch out of the hood, and see what they can do about the smaller one on the baseboard/rocker part of the car.

So I got to drive it home yesterday, and had a friend drive it down to the shop for me today (I followed in my old car). I'm going away for 2 weeks starting Thursday )'( so hopefully by the time I get back it should be all up to snuff.