Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure, if this is best place to post, but I'm looking for a used MS 2014/15, around $45K. However, I would like to test drive one, just to check it out. My only option in Buffalo, NY is to "stalk" someone near the super charger. I did this for a model 3, felt it was just to small.

My commute to work is 5 minutes(3 miles), I don't put a lot of miles on daily so S-70 should be fine. Also Is the subzero package a must, since we are in cold 3-4 months of the year(though I have a semi-heated garage). I would like a smoother ride, air suspension that much of a difference. I know a lot of questions, but no one closer then hours an half near me. Thanks in advance !

Also Is the subzero package a must, since we are in cold 3-4 months of the year(though I have a semi-heated garage).
I'm in mid NH. RWD, snow tires (Hakka R2's), and no subzero. I park outside much of the time. Subzero would be nice, if only for the heated steering wheel. Heated rear seats are nice if you have passengers. I've never had washer jets freeze, so that's a *meh*

Not sure, if this is best place to post, but I'm looking for a used MS 2014/15, around $45K. However, I would like to test drive one, just to check it out. My only option in Buffalo, NY is to "stalk" someone near the super charger. I did this for a model 3, felt it was just to small.

My commute to work is 5 minutes(3 miles), I don't put a lot of miles on daily so S-70 should be fine. Also Is the subzero package a must, since we are in cold 3-4 months of the year(though I have a semi-heated garage). I would like a smoother ride, air suspension that much of a difference. I know a lot of questions, but no one closer then hours an half near me. Thanks in advance !
It all depends on your priorities. There are excellent deals out there. I bought a 2015 P85D (pick it up next week) from Tesla with everything except twin chargers (my current P85 has twin chargers and my HPWC is 80 amp capable) including subzero. But it came with 81,000+ miles on it already. I am confident in the reliability. I wanted all the bells and whistles, but a little beat up won’t bother me (haven’t seen it yet) since I have twin six year olds who will do their damage as they grow up (except when they are in the rear-facing seats).

Use Hank’s tool (EV-CPO.com). Subscribe for the biggest benefit. Be patient.

I'm in mid NH. RWD, snow tires (Hakka R2's), and no subzero. I park outside much of the time. Subzero would be nice, if only for the heated steering wheel. Heated rear seats are nice if you have passengers. I've never had washer jets freeze, so that's a *meh*
I also don't have the subzero package and it gets plenty cold here in the mountains -- my house is at 7670 feet. While I do miss the the heated steering wheel from my LEAF, I just drive with touch screen gloves in the winter.

The rest of the subzero package is of little use. On the rare occasions when I have rear seat passengers in cold weather, I just preheat the car.

The subzero package is a "nice-to-have," not "essential" IMO.

I agree that snow tires are a big help, especially on RWD cars -- my driveway and road have been snowpacked since December 1st! I use Michelin X-ice tires and they really have been essential this winter.

Reactions: SmartElectric
OMG, I would never buy a Tesla without the cold weather package! And I'm much further south than tga in balmy Connecticut! :)

The heated steering wheel is the best thing ever. I've never really noticed the heated washer jets.

I'm south of you in Tennessee and the heated steering wheel in my Leaf has kept me from pulling the trigger on a Model 3 so far. I don't think I could have held back this long if they put a heated wheel in the Standard Range or Standard Range Plus model 3.