Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so I've noticed a rash of Model S/75D/90D Facelift listings in the past three or four days that list AP Hardware "2.0" and "FSD"; in the codes, they show "APH2" and "APF2". Upon visiting the Tesla vehicle listings, they show "Full Self-Driving Capability".

These cars obviously have the 2.0 hardware (it's visible, if nothing else). Do the codes and the "Full Self-Driving Capability" indication on Tesla's site mean that these cars are fully ready to do full self-driving (Tesla's version) when the software is ready, with no additional cost to the new purchaser?

Also, does anyone know whether these cars are eligible for an upgrade to the newer computer and, if so, at what cost?

Thanks!

Todd
FSD means the future functionality and therefore the hardware upgrade is included. Though some doubt whether HW2.0 cars will ever actually get that upgrade and the full suite of FSD features. Tesla must be confident if they are turning these around with the promise of FSD.

FSD means the future functionality and therefore the hardware upgrade is included. Though some doubt whether HW2.0 cars will ever actually get that upgrade and the full suite of FSD features. Tesla must be confident if they are turning these around with the promise of FSD.

I guess what I'm trying to understand: if I buy such a car, is there something more that I'd need to pay in order to get (via software) whatever Tesla is promising as "full self driving"? Beyond that, since I know there are hardware differences between 2.0 and 3.0, what--if any option--is there to get to 3.0 hardware?

Nope. If it really is FSD, there is nothing else to pay. New features are delivered with ongoing updates. All models get updates, some include new functionality that only applies to certain cars. My P85D is AP1. I received software update 2019.40.2.3, but I don't get the new games (only for MCU2-equipped cars) nor do I get advanced summon (only for AP2+ cars). However, I did get Spotify and some Navigation enhancements (recently, not necessarily in 2019.40.2.3).

Note that except for some visualizations (indicators of what the AP-computer is seeing), there are not yet any features that require HW3. When it comes time, if your car is FSD-enabled, you will be scheduled for HW3 upgrade at no charge to you. New features would come as software updates.

By the way, we are conditioned to expect software updates about once per month. The time between updates varies, but it averages about a month between.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver
Anyone have any experience buying through the Tesla CPO program? I have been browsing Model S on the website and trying to do as much research as possible before I make a purchase. Of course the one I have been holding out for sold this morning... but I'm interested to know others experiences when they purchased a car through this program.

any experience buying through the Tesla CPO program?

Our 2013 CPO S85 bought in 2015 was fully reconditioned, something Tesla no longer does on used sales. Our car had a 4 year CPO warranty, where we spent $0 in maintenance during this period, Tesla covered everything. I wouldn't buy privately without an extended warranty, we had a number of major items fixed including cabin heater core, battery pack heater core, air suspension, refurbished motor all covered by Tesla, and most of them were remotely diagnosed and handled quickly at the local Toronto service center. Will very likely buy again via Tesla's used (no longer CPO as cars are not reconditioned) program to get the warranty.

What should I be looking for in the photos Tesla makes available for its CPOs?

Thanks to EV-CPO, I've been able to learn a lot over the past couple of months about what's available at what price, etc, etc.

However, all of the Tesla listings seem to have a similar series of photos, but I don't always know what they're trying to enable me to see. As I try to determine if there's a reason I shouldn't put down my money for a car, or that I will want to hold Tesla accountable at delivery for something, what should I be looking for?

For example, for this one:
  • pictures 1-8 seem pretty straightforward, mid-distance shots of the various angles of the car
  • picture 9 (as is the case for many of these) of the sunroof: what should I be looking for? What are they trying to show me?
  • picture 10 is of a vehicle ID tag of some kind: am I looking for the production date? the VIN?
  • pictures 11-14 are mid-distance photos of the tires: presumably to show condition? if not, what?
  • picture 15: in this case, something about the tire, in others, presumably to show tire condition?
  • picture 17-21: basic interior shots, anything I should be looking for?
  • picture 22 shows a closeup of the main center screen: what should I be looking for there?
  • picture 23-27 show various interior, frunk, and trunk shots: anything to look for?
  • beyond these, we seem to reliably get into various scratches, etc: I hope I see what they think they want me to see.
I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions for what to look out for in these semi-standard pictures for these cars. Thanks!

Todd

General question about what Tesla has been selling lately.........and BTW thanks to the creator of the CPO website. It's a great site.

I thought Tesla always had new Model S's that were showroom models discounted by some amount. Over the past month or so that I have been looking, I'm not seeing any showroom model discounts. Did Tesla stop doing these discounts on the new cars that were used as demos, showroom models, etc?

.and BTW thanks to the creator of the CPO website. It's a great site.

Thanks! I have some more goodies in the works, soon, too.

I thought Tesla always had new Model S's that were showroom models discounted by some amount. Over the past month or so that I have been looking, I'm not seeing any showroom model discounts. Did Tesla stop doing these discounts on the new cars that were used as demos, showroom models, etc?

Yes, Tesla used to publish discounts in their data stream..up until a year ago, it was a $dollar discount off of the showroom, demo, and inventory cars. Then mid last year they switched to a %percent off discount which was likely easier to manage across the fleet. But the last time I see any discount applied to inventory cars (in the US) was August of 2019. Now I don't know if it's still possible to negotiate a showroom discount, but it's worth a try for a car you are committed to. But in terms of published discounts (again, in the US) there are none as of now.

Good luck!

General question about what Tesla has been selling lately.........and BTW thanks to the creator of the CPO website. It's a great site.

Tesla Showroom Deals
That facebook advertises show room deals.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Interesting.......Just tried joining......so you have to pay $30 to get the showroom deals now? How exactly does this organization work? How do they find out about showroom discounts that no one else can find for themselves- do they have an insider in Tesla?
Seems a bit shady to me. Yes they work with or are Tesla sales agents, making a little money on the side. People have gotten a deal without paying the $30. Just PM who over is posting a deal.

Hello all,

Anyone here buy their CPO in NY state, as a Maryland resident? Or, have advice on where to find essential guidance? It seems that a lot of the CPOs I’m interested in are at one of the NY locations.

I can check those states’ MV sites, but I’m never sure that what I’m looking at applies to me.

Thanks!

Todd

Hello all,

Anyone here buy their CPO in NY state, as a Maryland resident? Or, have advice on where to find essential guidance? It seems that a lot of the CPOs I’m interested in are at one of the NY locations.

I can check those states’ MV sites, but I’m never sure that what I’m looking at applies to me.

Typically Tesla will give you a temp tag to drive the car back to your state of residence, and you can then title, ad register the car there. Other than that, not really any different than buying any other car from out of state. What are your specific concerns?

Question... is there a way to limit the data reports to a select year or say the last 6 months.

When i look at price trending and average sell price it almost looks like it's reporting on all the data going back years.

I might be missing something..

Question... is there a way to limit the data reports to a select year or say the last 6 months.

When i look at price trending and average sell price it almost looks like it's reporting on all the data going back years.

I might be missing something..

Hello! I assume you're enquiring about EV-CPO. On the "Advanced" tab, you can limit the search by Model Year.

Also, if you have a subscription, you can display any one or all of the these columns: "Date Added", "Date Removed", or "Orig Delivery Date" (for used cars only)... and then limit the records in the results table by entering a year and a dash in the 'search box' (see example below). If you do not include the dash, it will include cars with that model year also. The dash limits the year search to the three available date fields.

For any further questions, please follow-up in this thread:

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

Thanks.

upload_2020-2-23_22-31-37.png

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric