Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a 2014 P85+ with 6500 miles for $83,000 for my wife...fully loaded with pano, tech, air suspension, premium audio, dual chargers, performance leather, spoiler, 21" wheels, and sub zero....very happy with the deal. Went to the Fremont factory and saw the car and the condition is exceptional. The store manager Dan was very helpful as we navigated the first deal they had done. The service manager said the do a full inspection and detail on the car before they turn it over so Wednesday or Thursday I should have it.

Correct. Also, it's a tax credit, not a "rebate", so you'd need at least $7500 of tax to pay to get the full credit. If you owe less than $7500 (total tax) at the end of the year, you'll miss out on the difference.

To clarify, you need to have a total tax liability of $7500 for the entire year to qualify for the tax credit. How much you might owe at the end of the year in addition to your withholdings/prepayments makes no difference. A lot of people have made the mistake of thinking that if they paid all their taxes and are due a refund, or if they still owe the IRS less than $7500, they don't get the refund. That is incorrect. All that matters is that before taking the credit you would have had to pay at least $7500 in taxes for the entire year.

IMG_5986.JPG
IMG_5987.JPG
IMG_5988.JPG
IMG_5989.JPG
IMG_5990.JPG
IMG_5991.JPG
IMG_5992.JPG
IMG_5993.JPG

This beauty will be mine on Wednesday. The crew at Tyson's as well as the Rockville location are nothing short of exceptional! Once it's polished and cleaned this baby will be looking great!

That's why I said "total tax", not "tax refund".
I'm sorry, I knew what you meant and didn't mean to imply otherwise. What you wrote was absolutely factually correct. I commented because I've seen so many posts from people who think they can't take the tax credit because they're getting a refund at "the end of the year so I can't take the tax credit." It's hard to figure out a really good way to phrase it which can't be misunderstood, hence my clumsy, lengthy explanation. It's the "at the end of the year" part that seems to throw people, even though "total tax" was specified. I can see how my post might have come off as offensive and I certainly apologize for that.

I think the only way to make it crystal clear to everyone is to say "your total tax for the year." When using "liability" many people equate that with the amount of tax they owe, but haven't yet paid for the year. Hence, if they're getting a refund they think they have no tax liability from which to subtract the credit.

This is a case where less precise language is sometimes needed to truly get the point across, which drives me nuts. I'm one of those people who hears exactly what people say, not what they mean. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "You knew what I meant" but I really didn't. In this case, I know exactly what you meant because it was exactly what you said, but I do recognize that there's a large percentage of the population which assumes you mean something different. They're the ones who still think they can't take the $7500 tax credit because they already paid $27,168 to the IRS in taxes and are getting a refund.

To clarify, you need to have a total tax liability of $7500 for the entire year to qualify for the tax credit. How much you might owe at the end of the year in addition to your withholdings/prepayments makes no difference. A lot of people have made the mistake of thinking that if they paid all their taxes and are due a refund, or if they still owe the IRS less than $7500, they don't get the refund. That is incorrect. All that matters is that before taking the credit you would have had to pay at least $7500 in taxes for the entire year.
Thanks.
I am very "fortunate" to pay more than $7.5k a year so that should not be a problem.
Mom just trying to decide if you should wait my 70D or cancel the order and get a CPO P85. I don't know what to do...

My question was because I am wondering if most of the inventory is posted or if only a small selection of CPO inventory is posted right now. It was more a curiosity question than a "worried" question.

From the reports of dozens of cars available for CPO sale in some areas I'd say they have maybe 10% or less of that CPO inventory for sale at the moment. They had probably decided to have a certain number of cars available for sale in each geographic area and as cars are sold, they add more cars. If they had introduced their entire inventory at the same time it would have caused massive depreciation by flooding the market with a product so they are rolling out a steady but moderate flow of cars and that makes all the sense.

It's likely new cars are added daily or at least weekly.

From the reports of dozens of cars available for CPO sale in some areas I'd say they have maybe 10% or less of that CPO inventory for sale at the moment. They had probably decided to have a certain number of cars available for sale in each geographic area and as cars are sold, they add more cars. If they had introduced their entire inventory at the same time it would have caused massive depreciation by flooding the market with a product so they are rolling out a steady but moderate flow of cars and that makes all the sense.

It's likely new cars are added daily or at least weekly.

This makes sense. It also means it won't be as easy to tell if the cars are selling quickly (which might be an indicator if prices will go up or down), but that there's likely no need to "jump" if you find only one good match to your desired config. With the speed of change going on, I'm tempted to wait for the "next big thing" that might get at least some owners trading in their D models, since we'd really prefer the dual motors.

If only they'd offer a search by region or "search all"......that'd certainly make checking easier.

Nope. It's a change, my CPO manual says 6 year 100,000 from new. New CPO manual says 4 year 50k from CPO purchase...
The link to the pre-owned warranty coverage is on the the page for each car (under the main specs, left side, below the pictures). Here's the link: http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/model-s-preowned-warranty.pdf

The important part, from page 4:

Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty

Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in this
Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty, the Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty covers the repair or
replacement necessary to correct defects in the materials or workmanship of any parts
manufactured or supplied by Tesla that occur under normal use for an incremental period of 4
years or 50,000 miles (80,000 km) from the first day and at the mileage a Pre-Owned Vehicle is
delivered to the first Pre-Owned purchaser, whichever comes first, irrespective of the expiration
date or mileage of the Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty specified in the original New Vehicle
Limited Warranty for the Pre-Owned vehicle.

So the warranty is reset. Buyer gets a fresh 4/50000 from date/mileage at purchase.