Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked at the certified car website and it is certainly tempting...

I know this is crazy but I am tempted to either upgrade to P85+ 2014 ...or downgrade in terms of years and go with P85+ 2013.

What do you guys think ?

My car has 20K miles now. What is my car worth now? Will I be paying a lot for this upgrade or downgrade (so I call it)

Should I wait until Model X rolls out and there might be better cars in Tesla CPO program?

It is my understanding that used cars do not qualify for a tax credit. Can anyone confirm this? thanks in advance.
To be somewhat pedantic, the IRS has a slightly different definition of "used" than most of us. Most of us would consider an inventory car used, but the IRS does not.

What matters is whether the car has ever been titled or not. If the car is supplied with a prior title, no fed tax credit. If it comes with an MSO (manufacture's statement of origin), it is eligible. Sometimes you hear "the tax credit hasn't been claimed" on a used car, implying it's still available. That is completely incorrect. Once titled, no fed tax credit, period.

Inventory cars (service loaners, test drive cars, etc) aren't titled, so they are rebate eligible, even though they may have thousands of miles on them. CPO'ed trade-in aren't eligible.

They don't qualify for the federal tax credit but would still be eligible in some states. In Colorado, for example, a CPO would still be eligible for $6000 in tax credits as long as it hasn't previously been registered in Colorado.

That seems a little troublesome. Is this confirmed that a used car brought into the state is worthy of a state tax credit? If someone bought a used Volt from Nevada for $15,000 and brought it in, is it also eligible for $6000 tax credit?

That seems a little troublesome. Is this confirmed that a used car brought into the state is worthy of a state tax credit? If someone bought a used Volt from Nevada for $15,000 and brought it in, is it also eligible for $6000 tax credit?
Discussion over here: Is This is a Good Deal? CPO S85 for $78,900? - Page 2 with a link to the doc on the Colorado site (see page 2) https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Income67.pdf

I read that as a carfax report ("vehicle history report") that shows the car was never register in CO was sufficient proof.

As long as it hasn't been registered in Colorado, it should be possible to claim the tax credit. I know there's a used car dealer in Boulder that "imports" Volts from other states and sells them with the promise that they haven't been registered in Colorado and that they are eligible for the tax credits (although for the Volt, it's not the entire $6000). The form for the tax credit states:

Used vehicle purchases
No credit is allowed for the purchase of a used electric or plug-in hybrid electric motor vehicle if a credit was previously claimed for the vehicle by any prior owner. Any credit claimed for the purchase of a used vehicle must be accompanied by a "Vehicle History Report" showing the vehicle was not previously registered in Colorado. A “Vehicle History Report” can be obtained from any of a number of third party companies that offer such reports. An internet search for the phrase "Vehicle History Report" should provide a listing of companies that can produce this report. A used electric or plug-in hybrid electric motor vehicle must meet all of the criteria listed at the top of this page in order to qualify for the credit.

See https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sit...s/Income67.pdf

Can anyone tell if they are removing the cars from the website after a deposit is put down? I kept checking and it seems that all the same cars are there from Friday. If they have multiple deposits... going to be an issue.

They are removed immediately. I opened my car up in multiple tabs. Once I put my deposit in, it no longer showed up in the search results and refreshing the other tab w/ the car displayed redirected me to the search page.

Here's something I threw together to consolidate all the different locales the CPO site is filtering the cars by.

Tesla CPO Consolidator

This lists all the cars across all the areas, and is sortable and searchable. There are 144 cars listed.

Later today I'll set it up to update the database once an hour, and it will track cars which have been removed or where the price has changed.

Right now, it does not indicate which cars are P85+ versus P85, but I'll fix that later.

Enjoy!

Can anyone tell if they are removing the cars from the website after a deposit is put down? I kept checking and it seems that all the same cars are there from Friday. If they have multiple deposits... going to be an issue.

They are removed immediately. I opened my car up in multiple tabs. Once I put my deposit in, it no longer showed up in the search results and refreshing the other tab w/ the car displayed redirected me to the search page.
Yes, the cheapest Sig red P85 S00393 (in SF region) disappeared at some point Sat or Sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah very weird. I followed the first link (S85 Sig at $81k) and chuckled as I thought: "Tesla are treating Signatures as more valuable". But then I saw the P85 Sig at $67k and stopped chuckling.
S00208 is now listed at 68,900.

Last edited:
Here's something I threw together to consolidate all the different locales the CPO site is filtering the cars by.

Tesla CPO Consolidator
Very cool. Rep for you! Did you find a backend to the database, or are you just parsing HTML returned from a query? Also, it doen't look like any Washington DC cars are getting picked up (ie, S00208, Sig Red S85 mentioned above)

Very cool. Rep for you! Did you find a backend to the database, or are you just parsing HTML returned from a query? Also, it doen't look like any Washington DC cars are getting picked up (ie, S00208, Sig Red S85 mentioned above)

Just scraping HTML. It's actually pretty tricky since it's all done via AJAX and Tesla has temporary tokens which I need to watch and adjust for.

I noticed a few cars missing, I think it's an off-by-one error. I have to run out, but I'll debug and fix it later.

There are still many cars with basically the same miles and options and very similar ages whose prices differ by thousands. I think this may be due to the condition of these cars, like chips, scratches, dings, or cleanness inside... This may discourage me from buying one remotely... Three years ago, we thought of buying my wife a CPO BMW and they all looked good online. We decided to drive the 4 hours to go and take a look and the cheaper ones definitely were in poorer condition. We ended up leaving the dealership with a new car...

I placed an order for a p85 on Friday night and I'm now starting to get cold feet because these cars aren't really flying off the shelves like I thought.

The car I picked out is a 2013 pearl white p85 with tech, sound studio package, gray performance seats, third row seats, panoramic roof, smart air suspension, 21 inch grey rims, carbon fiber interior and carbon fiber spoiler.

66k price... Should I keep it? Thanks guys.

- - - Updated - - -

I placed an order for a p85 on Friday night and I'm now starting to get cold feet because these cars aren't really flying off the shelves like I thought.

The car I picked out is a 2013 pearl white p85 with tech, sound studio package, gray performance seats, third row seats, panoramic roof, smart air suspension, 21 inch grey rims, carbon fiber interior and carbon fiber spoiler.

66k price... Should I keep it? Thanks guys.

Forgot to mention it's got 25k miles on it. And of course comes with 4 year 50k miles warranty starting the day I pick it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also forgot to add the vin is in the 7500 range