TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Benjamin Brooks, Apr 24, 2015.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

It's already built in -- just use the SHIFT key and then click on multiple columns to sort. So click on "Trim" as the primary sort. Then holding the shift key down, click on one more more other columns to then sort within each successive column. You can click on each column multiple times (while still holding SHIFT) to reverse the sort or turn off sorting for that column.

But I'll try to get a full CSV extract later today.

What I'd like to see someone do is a full regression analysis to see which options/features/attributes affect the price, and perhaps we can come up with a formula to predict the sales price, or reverse engineer how TM is setting the prices.

- - - Updated - - -

perfect, thanks!

2. lolgas

lolgas Member

Or use the filters at the bottom of each row

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Not to add to Hank's workload since he volunteered to build such a convenient system, but it would be nice to use the filters as a check box. For instance? Eliminate S60 from the list, but leave all others. That said, the system is convenient enough that I simply look at S85, then P85, and go from there.

4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Nice idea, but I'm not going to add that -- requires quite a bit of custom coding for the dynamic table jquery module.

I have now added all the options reported by Tesla, just click on the "Opts" link in the "Link" column. Also, if there is a "$" in that column, that means there was a price reduction and the previous price(s) are also listed on the Options page.

I also added Auto Pilot and Dual Motors as a sortable/searchable column. There's only one CPO car with AP in the list.

5. zer0cool

zer0cool Member

This is super helpful and amazing work, thanks to Hank.

6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Also note that it refreshes from the Tesla CPO site once per hour, on the hour. So if you're looking for newly added cars, you can check each hour and sort by "Date Added" to see the latest additions. Same goes for sold cars.

7. tentonine

tentonine Member

This is a really great site Hank. Just a quick suggestion - would it be possible to have 'Date Added' in the sold vehicles section too? It would be interesting to see how long it takes for cars to sell. Well, obviously five data points doesn't say much at the moment, but the average selling time could be a good piece of information to have in a few weeks.

8. Cyclone

No worries. I can understand the complexities in this and it is not like you are getting paid to do this. What you are providing is already miles above what we had over the weekend. Like I posted, I simply filter one model at a time and that works great since I don't have to look at each region and filter out the S60s as I scroll by. Thank you for your doing this!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I called the home location of my vehicle today (Tyson's Corner). They said they do not do video walkarounds and I will get a full inspection walk around when the car is delivered. That said, the lady I spoke with said she would be happy to go out to the lot and take some pictures if the vehicle is still on site. She said she will forward them along in a couple hours, or send a note if the car has already left. I did not ask about if we can move our deposit to another car if it arrives and we refuse to accept. I imagine Tesla would work with you on either making it right to that car, or helping you/letting you find a different car. It just seems odd that they won't do a "pre-inspection" before sending the car off, so there could be a potential for costly shipping of a car that doesn't sell. But perhaps Tesla is "good-willing" this if you transfer your deposit rather than simply walking away? I guess we will find out more in the coming weeks.

9. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

Great work by Hank on the scraperwebsite. One more little question : what's the time zone for the times mentioned?

10. lolgas

lolgas Member

Assuming you spoke with Kelly Ryan at the Tyson's location, she's great btw. As for transferring over your deposit to another vehicle, I was told that because this program is so new, little information is being offered. I will say that if you're having a vehicle shipped and you refuse that specific vehicle and want to move into another one, I was told that you would potentially have to pay the $750 delivery fee to cover their expenses. I'm not positive this is the case given that the 2013 P85 I was going to purchase from the DC location for $65k was no longer an option since it was inadvertently placed on the CPO site and we never went through with transferring my deposit from the 2014 S60 to the P85. Also note, the CPO program is very strict in what they consider to be determined CPO. Much like any luxury vehicle you'd buy used, it does go through a rigorous inspection process. As stated in previous posts, I bought mine site unseen and when it arrived in DC it had very minor blemishes that needed to be repaired. There was a small chip in the paint on the front lip spoiler as well as a few curb rash marks on the rims and some jean dye transfer on the tan leather seats. All of which I was assured would be taken care of prior to delivery. I'll keep you posted as my delivery got pushed back to Thursday instead of tomorrow.

11. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

#151 HankLloydRight, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Some of these I just don't get.

85 kWh Performance Model S P41105 | Tesla Motors

P85+, almost "new" - 230 miles for $105,250 (4.2 seconds 0-60)

At the same time, someone could buy an NEW 85D (4.4 seconds 0-60) with all the same options for $99,500 (after tax credit) and add All Wheel Drive and Auto Pilot for $5k LESS.

Strange. Is anyone ever going to notice a 0.2 second difference?

A P85D equipped the same way would be $120,500 after tax credit.

12. Cyclone

Thanks @lolgas! I never caught her last name, but she was a Kelly. Very nice and said I would get an inspection at the delivery service center without going into details. She said they would only do a video walk around in special circumstances where I had to basically buy the car first and get it shipped elsewhere and I couldn't come into the service center for the delivery inspection. I guess this would be for people who aren't anywhere close to a service center? One just opened up in Charlotte, so that makes my life easier. Now if I can get ahold of a DS since my dashboard says the car will be delivered to Raleigh 3+ hours away from me.

13. clarkbariowa

clarkbariowa Member

14. TDR32

TDR32 Member

Not to mention the difference in the warranty.

15. Cyclone

I stopped by my local store and service center and had the pull up my car and go over things with me. They also said that photos and a walk around don't normally happen with a CPO. The CPOs are reconditioned, the bumpers repainted (their words), various things fixed up, tires replaced if below a certain thread depth (didn't have the thread depth off-hand), and sold like new. They said that, like new, I would get a full inspection upon arrival and could point out any areas that need to be addressed. They stated the CPOs need to be in higher quality than the inventory cars as they are not sold with an expectation that there would be heavy wear on them. They did not know if the deposit would transfer though if there was a major deficiency upon delivery and one refuses the vehicle.

16. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Since the CPO car only has 230 miles, wouldn't the warranties be basically identical? 4 yr/50,000 miles basic?

17. tga

tga Supporting Member

But the CPO would be ineligible for an extended warranty...

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking at some of the cheaper P85+'s, and I'm pretty convinced an inventory 85D might be a better route - new car, more features, AWD, autopilot, etc, ext warranty eligible, for roughly the same price.

18. Cyclone

To me, none of these make sense without a good discount compared to buying new. And I use the following comparison for my own purposes:

S60 -> 70D
    S85 -> 85
    P85 -> 85D
    P85+ -> 85D/P85D

If I could even get to within 10k above the price of the CPO w/ an inventory car (even after fed tax incentive), then I would be buying new/inventory and getting spec'd exactly as I would want it (BTW, I saw the Titanium samples in a store today and LOVE the color). More than a 10k difference, and a CPO makes sense to me.

19. kooljack

kooljack Member

Any one out here interested in a 2014 85 non autopilot with 6300 miles, X-pel, opti coat, tinted (4K) ping me .. more details in my sig below.

20. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

I think your reasoning makes a lot of sense. This is why i feel the 85 and 60 models available for CPO makes little sense when you can get a 70D brand new. I'd personally get a 70D over a RWD 80 for the AWD and Autopilot... If the difference after the rebates is less than $10K, definitely make sense to buy new.