Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Silver 2013 S85 (P03437) showed up today under New York with "Lacewood Décor."
Say what? Haven't heard that one before. Can't really determine in my iPhone 6 what it looks like.

There were three S85's one for 57K, another for 60.5K and another for 61.5. All of them sold within an hour.
Gotta say, that S85 was a pretty good deal. Would have been a much harder decision for me if it wasn't silver with lacewood decor.

Wow! Half hour later that Silver 2013 S85 is gone. Pano, SAS , grey leather, 19 standard, power lift gate, supercharger, 27K miles - $57K.

Man, when it's a good deal, pull the trigger quick!

ETA - I hear ya kuttakamina. If we go CPO route, guess we'll be F5ing all day!

There were three S85's one for 57K, another for 60.5K and another for 61.5. All of them sold within an hour.
Gotta say, that S85 was a pretty good deal. Would have been a much harder decision for me if it wasn't silver with lacewood decor.

It's a discontinued trim option. Do a forum search for lacewood and you should get some pictures.

Aye, thanks JohnQ.

See my sig. Mine was $57k too. Yes, they won't last!

I am looking forward to how the warranty treats you with your liftgate. If you get the same treatment as new customers, then CPOs are def. awesome.
Yes I know the paper warranty says so, but nothing replaces real world experience.

I have been watching the CPOs in DC. DC as of now seems to have the worst values.

cpo.jpg

I am looking forward to how the warranty treats you with your liftgate. If you get the same treatment as new customers, then CPOs are def. awesome.
Yes I know the paper warranty says so, but nothing replaces real world experience.

I have been watching the CPOs in DC. DC as of now seems to have the worst values.

Well, I had a laundry list of minor issues that my local service center received. They set me up an appt to drop off my car on 6/1 for five days. I expect things will be amazing after that. In the meantime, none of the minor issues are impairing the drive or my experience. And the liftgate is working for the 6+ times a day I am opening/closing it.

See my sig. Mine was $57k too. Yes, they won't last!

First, congrats! I've been noticing a lot of your posts and I appreciate you sharing your experiences. I have been vasciallating between CPO and ordering a new 70D.

Kuttakamina mentioned above he is following D.C. cars. I was doing the same but now I'm realizing it's a bit irrelevant - the worst hit on destination charge is $1,500. Now if I remember right, you were the fellow who made a road trip to go pick up your car, correct? Besides the thrill of a road trip right after taking delivery, I suppose you probably save a few pennies handling delivery that way?

I'd be willing to go south or the midwest to pickup a CPO - anywhere east of the Mississippi seems doable.

ETA - I hear ya kuttakamina. If we go CPO route, guess we'll be F5ing all day!

That's really only necessary one minute (or less) after each hour, as the page only updates once per hour on the hour. The servers are time-synced with NST, the updates should be pretty close to actual time (within a few seconds at most, anyway).

Someone on the TM site would have to be pretty determined to find any new "lowest price" listings by scanning every location page every 60 minutes. :)

Should I change it to every 30 minutes?

First, congrats! I've been noticing a lot of your posts and I appreciate you sharing your experiences. I have been vasciallating between CPO and ordering a new 70D.

Kuttakamina mentioned above he is following D.C. cars. I was doing the same but now I'm realizing it's a bit irrelevant - the worst hit on destination charge is $1,500. Now if I remember right, you were the fellow who made a road trip to go pick up your car, correct? Besides the thrill of a road trip right after taking delivery, I suppose you probably save a few pennies handling delivery that way?

I'd be willing to go south or the midwest to pickup a CPO - anywhere east of the Mississippi seems doable.

Yes, that was me. DC -> Charlotte was only $500 and 400 miles. While I was initially told no delivery fee, $500 is not at all unreasonable and I would have taken them up on it. I would have taken them up on it too, but they said it would be two weeks for transport and the car wasn't ready to leave DC yet, so probably three weeks before I get it. Given that I had to pay $500 and then wait longer than flying up and getting it myself, I opted to fly up. I could have gotten my car a week earlier (at two weeks from online order vs. three), but I was had a prior obligation at work that I couldn't miss to fly up. Thus, it really would have shaved two weeks off the wait for the car by flying up and getting it. The drive down was really good and gave me the opportunity to get the car all set. The car itself is a dream and there were a few minor things to address, none of which impair driveability. Everything was easily noted and my local service center is taking care of the car on 6/1. So there is no worries about anything "weird" with picking up the car and driving it home.

Drucifer also lives in Charlotte, but his car is coming from NY. His transport is $1k, he gets his car (hopefully) this coming Saturday, but rather than a 7 hour drive like I had, he would have had to drive nearly twice as long. At that point, the toll on a long drive wasn't worth it to him - and I agree. Even $1,500 for a cross-country transport isn't unreasonable.

If I had to do it over again though, I would not hesitate to fly and pick up or have it professionally transported. The car is made for driving and you might as well get it going right away!

I would start close and work my way out. For you that probably means NY (really Paramus, NJ), followed DC, then Cleveland, then Chicago, then Atlanta, then Florida. Local (NY) is free, adjacent (DC, Cleveland) is a $500 charge, intermediate (Atlanta, Chicago) is a $1000 charge. Not sure about Florida, but would guess that Florida or anything else would be $1500.

I would start close and work my way out. For you that probably means NY (really Paramus, NJ), followed DC, then Cleveland, then Chicago, then Atlanta, then Florida. Local (NY) is free, adjacent (DC, Cleveland) is a $500 charge, intermediate (Atlanta, Chicago) is a $1000 charge. Not sure about Florida, but would guess that Florida or anything else would be $1500.

Do do they add the 1200 delivery fee on CPOs like they do on inventory or new?

Good advice, thanks.

So just to make sure I understand correctly -- if I fly out to Denver (I live in Virginia) to pick up my car for $0, find a small laundry list of things I think should be corrected....I can drive the car home, and schedule to drop by car off at the Tysons Corner CS to get those issues taken care of?

If so -- that makes it way more inviting to pick the car up out of state to save a few bucks. I was worried that it was basically a "hey, if you don't like the condition the car is in, just fly back home" type of thing...

So just to make sure I understand correctly -- if I fly out to Denver (I live in Virginia) to pick up my car for $0, find a small laundry list of things I think should be corrected....I can drive the car home, and schedule to drop by car off at the Tysons Corner CS to get those issues taken care of?

If so -- that makes it way more inviting to pick the car up out of state to save a few bucks. I was worried that it was basically a "hey, if you don't like the condition the car is in, just fly back home" type of thing...

That is it. Now if you hate the car, that's a whole other issue. BUT, in your scenario, you do the delivery in Denver. You plan to spend 2-3 hours in Denver going though the car in detail and making a list of any discrepancies that may arise. Then that list is handled when you get back to NoVa, but it is documented at delivery. Note that you can also request that staff at Denver take some pictures of the car and email them to you before committing to fly out there.