Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally did it! CPO P85!

I put down my deposit at the Highland Park, IL Store/Service Center! I am now the proud owner of a beautiful P85 CPO :biggrin:

The car should be ready by next Friday. It was already in great condition and drove like a dream. For some reason this one has been there since the beginning, even after multiple price drops.

Here are the specs

2013 P85
Vin 5800's

Pearl White
Pano
19" standard wheels
Grey Performance Interior (really impressed how this looked in person, especially with the carbon fiber) :love:
Carbon Fiber Decor
Supercharging
Twin Chargers
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package
Paint Armor
Tech Package

It was exactly what I have been waiting for! Trading in my 2013 328.

As a bonus someone traded in a beautiful 2011 Roadster Sport, so if anyone is looking for one, you know where to find one.

Very happy to finally join the Tesla family :cool:

Here are the pics

IMG_20150725_112416.jpg
IMG_20150725_114340.jpg
IMG_20150725_114359.jpg
IMG_20150725_114417.jpg
IMG_20150725_114505.jpg
IMG_20150725_114522.jpg
IMG_20150725_114537.jpg
IMG_20150725_114701.jpg
IMG_20150725_114744.jpg

I put down my deposit at the Highland Park, IL Store/Service Center! I am now the proud owner of a beautiful P85 CPO :biggrin:

The car should be ready by next Friday. It was already in great condition and drove like a dream. For some reason this one has been there since the beginning, even after multiple price drops.

Here are the specs

2013 P85
Vin 5800's

Pearl White
Pano
19" standard wheels
Grey Performance Interior (really impressed how this looked in person, especially with the carbon fiber) :love:
Carbon Fiber Decor
Supercharging
Twin Chargers
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package
Paint Armor
Tech Package

As a bonus someone traded in a beautiful 2011 Roadster Sport, so if anyone is looking for one, you know where to find one.

Here are the pics

View attachment 88568View attachment 88569View attachment 88570View attachment 88571View attachment 88572View attachment 88573View attachment 88574View attachment 88575View attachment 88576

what setting was the air suspension set on when you took the pictures? Standard?

Clark, nice car. What exactly will they be doing to the car for the next week? (Has anyone taken delivery of a CPO faster than one week from deposit?)

Zero CPOs under $60k today, what's the deal?

The car has been there since 4/27, so it already went through a pre-inspection and has been in the same Highland Park, IL lot since. My owner advisor said that it would basically go through a thourough reconditioning/detail process again. They were shooting for Friday, because I have family in and they wanted to see it. Any issue or correction needed will bump that delivery date.

I visually inspected it and everything looked really good, but I am not an expert of course. At this point a majority of the process will probably be detailing/cleaning and verifying the Tires,Brakes,Rotors, etc are still within spec after the initial inspection months ago.

The car only had 15K miles, my owner advisor mentioned that they get some really low miles/great condition cars in the area.

- - - Updated - - -

We demoed the air suspension settings and then set it to standard for the test drive. This is after the test drive, so I believe it is set to standard still.

Any speculation about when we will start seeing some D's in the CPO market?

I know there have been a few P85D that pop up briefly but really interested in an 85D or 70D (still trying to decide whether to buy new or CPO). I am guessing once Model X comes out there may be a burst of trade in activity and will start to see some AWD cars in CPO.

I know there have been a few P85D that pop up briefly but really interested in an 85D or 70D (still trying to decide whether to buy new or CPO). I am guessing once Model X comes out there may be a burst of trade in activity and will start to see some AWD cars in CPO.

I would venture a guess that TM would hold back most Ds from CPO in order to move out the non-D inventory they already have. They'd essentially be cannibalizing themselves offering Ds as soon as they are available.

(There have only been 3 P85Ds offered for CPO sale so far -- 2 US and one Canada).

Talk to the sales rep on the 70D, as of a month ago they had at least 3.

Aero wheels have really grown on me. They look pretty neat, and any Tesla person will know they are kind of rare.

I always thought the aero wheels were hideous, but after seeing them in person at a supercharger in Ohio, I've done a total 180 on them.
They are really nice in person and photos don't do them justice.

I agree, the Aero wheels are unique and will be sought after in the long term. I would like to see a set with the center disk painted body color.

Here are the specs

2013 P85
Vin 5800's

Pearl White
Pano
19" standard wheels
Carbon Fiber Decor
Supercharging
Twin Chargers
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package
Paint Armor
Tech Package

Here are the pics

View attachment 88568

View attachment 88569View attachment 88570View attachment 88571View attachment 88572View attachment 88573View attachment 88574View attachment 88575View attachment 88576

Congrats, Clark! Nice pics - love Pearl White.

I wonder what the scoop is on some of these CPO cars with almost no miles on them. There are probably 20-30 CPO cars on the consolidator with < 3000 miles on the clock. I guess people who just decide that an EV wasn't for them? Who trades in a car with 2000 miles on it?

That is a good point, I never thought about it. When I checked, I was expecting to see that those were all Inventory cars, but that's not the case. They all appear to have been built in the timeframe just before Autopilot was installed. I wonder if these were owners that got upset about not being offered AP versions, and traded in.

I am hunting/waiting for an under 50k MS with rear facing seats. I don't need any other options to be a buyer,but would happily take tech package and pano. I am also curious if an 85 will get into my price range. There were two 60s that went for ~47.5, and I would have taken either one if it had rear facing seats. Not in a rush bc I had planned on waiting for the 3, but after a test drive/convincing the wife/getting financing in order it's hard to wait. Along with that, we tested our car seats in the back seat of a 70D and they fit comfortably, but I am now thinking the 3 will not work nearly as well with car seats bc of its size. There is zero extra space for the front passengers with car seats in the back. Not uncomfortable, but tight.

50k is the top of my budget, and I am buying as a family car (obviously) for the safety reasons + all the added benefits that you all know. What do you all think my chances are of getting in a MS sometime soon? I'm one of many lurking and waiting to see what CPOs pop up with the X release.

Been watching these here forums for a little while now- thanks to all of you for your wealth of information! I am very appreciate and hope to have something meaningful to contribute one day.

I wonder what the scoop is on some of these CPO cars with almost no miles on them. There are probably 20-30 CPO cars on the consolidator with < 3000 miles on the clock. I guess people who just decide that an EV wasn't for them? Who trades in a car with 2000 miles on it?

I asked the same thing of a Porsche salesman about a CPO Boxster they had on the showroom floor with similar mileage. He looked at me and deadpanned:

"I have customers who change cars the way you and I change shoes."