Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you want stock over 21

I don't want the performance wheel/tire package. I want something more practical. If you search ' 21" wheels ' on TMC you'll see why -- many threads on the subject. Actually 19" Cyclones or Aeros would be preferred, but figured that was asking too much.

Hey they P85+ for $59k sold fast today, a new reference for CPO pricing. Wow.

Why do you want stock over 21

There are about a dozen practical reasons for opting for 19" wheels including the fact that 19" wheels offer 3% more range.

We too would not take delivery of a car with 21" wheels and the 19" wheels are a must for us.

If you do buy a CPO car with 21" wheels you can likely find someone with 19" wheels who might be interested in swapping...

If you buy a CPO with 21" wheels but want stock 19" wheels, is there any chance Tesla would swap them for you before delivery?

I asked a Tesla employee in Ohio this very question in September and he said they will not modify a CPO car pre-sale but can help afterwards. In my case I didn't want the aero wheels one car came with and he said they could sell me standard wheels post-sale but we didn't go into prices. And while we are on the topic, I also asked about what they do with aftermarket and OEM center consoles left in trade-ins. He said only about 1% of trade-ins have those and they leave them in the car. I was surprised they would leave anything aftermarket in the car but that's what he said. I also asked if they will repair front bumper license plate holes and he said basically 'nope'.

If they don't repair front license plate holes I hope they have some caps that are color matched to at least make them blend in. I'd be damned if I'm going to drive a car with holes in the front bumper. I'm also not paying extra money to have that fixed.

If they don't repair front license plate holes I hope they have some caps that are color matched to at least make them blend in. I'd be damned if I'm going to drive a car with holes in the front bumper. I'm also not paying extra money to have that fixed.

You can always go to bumperplugs.com to get plugs to cover the holes from the license plate. I have used the numerous time. Very high quality product.

I tried to get that one. Had some paint wear but the price was crazy. Sold in about an hour.

PAINT WEAR?!
How am I supposed to know that? (I'm trying to make a point that from the stock photos shown, how am I supposed to assume it is anything but perfect?)

Are we supposed to make our own opinion in terms of quality and just hope we get lucky?
(no rudeness intended, just pointing out that I wouldn't expect a comprise just due to a comparatively lower price)

CPOs should be in the best possible condition with any needed reconditioning completed before delivery, period.

PAINT WEAR?!
How am I supposed to know that? (I'm trying to make a point that from the stock photos shown, how am I supposed to assume it is anything but perfect?)

Are we supposed to make our own opinion in terms of quality and just hope we get lucky?
(no rudeness intended, just pointing out that I wouldn't expect a comprise just due to a comparatively lower price)

CPOs should be in the best possible condition with any needed reconditioning completed before delivery, period.

Oh don't stir that pot again. They get reconditioned, but they are FAR from "best possible condition before delivery". I'll go ahead and say it -- HA!!!

PAINT WEAR?!

A lot of cars have damage, Tesla will fix it if it's body damage. That is something everyone should ask before they buy a car because any paint repairs will affect the resale value. The next CPO car I buy I am going to have inspected by an appraiser before I hand over the check. I learned this the hard way.