Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How strange. Was just browsing an Ohio car to see what's new on Tesla's site and saw this quote :

Ref:
85 kWh Model S P78600 | Tesla Motors

" EV incentives are based on registration in Ontario."

Um. I'm browsing a US car, and it's telling me about Ontario incentives?
The icon on the bottom of the site showed US flag, so I know I wasn't browsing the Canadian site.

Maybe someone fat-fingered the data for the state/province and entered OH instead of ON.

Oops. I think I misunderstood the original post. Hank's reply is probably better than mine. :redface:

When I view it from Colorado, it subtracts out the $13500 in federal and tax credits.

Last edited:
Two were cheaper, a P85 and S85. Thanks ev-cpo.com subscription!

Really? Care to disclose the prices? Those must be real steals.

I found that someone claimed the cheapest S60 at $42,900 in August, and even created a thread on this.
I Hit The CPO Lottery! Lowest S60 to Date?
The sales manager found me a 2013 with Supercharging, Nappa Leather, Tech, UHFS, Obeche Gloss, Twin Chargers and Paint Armor, Black on Black, 20k miles for $42,900. I was told the reason it's so low is because it was a 40kwh new so the price reduction started from the 40kwh price but they unlock all 40s to 60s. The sales manager found it on their internal system before it hit the CPO site. It was in Virginia. I fly out to get it and I'm road tripping it back to Ohio. So far I'm loving it! First thing I noticed the 60 is plenty quick for me. I wouldn't know how to act to a P85D or P90D.

A CPO with just 1246 miles? And the car was made in 2014 too. If this Ebay seller bought the CPO himself from Tesla, he probably bought it cheaper to make some profit.
I clearly don't understand these buyers!
I doubt that's a "real" (ie, Tesla) CPO - I think it's "certified" by the seller only ("3000 mile Lone Star Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty"). The seller is a used car dealer in the Houston, TX area.

I doubt that's a "real" (ie, Tesla) CPO - I think it's "certified" by the seller only ("3000 mile Lone Star Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty"). The seller is a used car dealer in the Houston, TX area.

That car was not an official Tesla CPO but it would still be covered under the Tesla warranty for about 3 years. $87K is a great deal for a 2014 P85D and likely where the CPO prices are going to be next year.

That car was not an official Tesla CPO but it would still be covered under the Tesla warranty for about 3 years. $87K is a great deal for a 2014 P85D and likely where the CPO prices are going to be next year.
Not disputing that. Clearly covered under original warranty. But the ebay listing says "Certified pre-owned", which is misleading (at best). "Certified" by a random used car dealer ain't with spit.

Many of the P85+ and P85 are still showing ~$20k price drops. Like P48065, down to $79,400 from original price of $105,000. Or P41960, at $79,700 from $108,000.

As an investor, I wonder about the implication of these prices on how Tesla accounts for the value of its inventory. Price drops like that could mean bigger write downs. And wonder, if increasing the selling prices helps the value of the inventory for accounting.

As an investor, I wonder about the implication of these prices on how Tesla accounts for the value of its inventory. Price drops like that could mean bigger write downs. And wonder, if increasing the selling prices helps the value of the inventory for accounting.

Tesla has some of the best margins in the industry. The CPO inventory is generated from "trading up". So, at 25% margins, they could still discount inventory models below current levels. Remember, they made 25% on the original sale, and another 25% on the sale of the new car, so selling a CPO for reduce price is still a good option considering they made perhaps $50K margin/profit on the sale of three cars (original, then selling CPO, and new car).

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the fire sale in cpo cars is over. The prices seem to have jumped back up.

Price drops of ~$10K on some of the remaining P85 inventory starting to look good.

Here is the lowest price ever in Canada:
85 kWh Signature Performance Model S
2012 60,650 km S02053
Located in Montreal
$72,900

That is like $53K US, and this for a fully loaded car (pretty much every option including dual chargers).