Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car 1: new
- Battery / Drivetrain = 8 years unlimited milage
- Rest of car ("bumper to bumper" a lot of places call it) = 4 years, 50k miles with the option to purchase another 4 years 50k miles
Unless it's changed, only the original purchaser can get the extended warranty (which is transferable to subsequent owners). If you are not the original purchaser and want to get the extended warranty, you're SOL, regardless of whether you bought via CPO or private sale.

Does anyone know what number VIN did they began installing AutoPilot hardware on?

It's hard to track that by VIN. I've seen some P85 cars in the VIN range of P45xxx that had it and others that do not. Even some S85 cars in the P55000+ range don't have it. Your best guide is the manufacturer build date. If the car was built mid to late September 2014, it should have the autopilot hardware. I've heard the date is Sept 14, 2014 and later. Once you have the VIN, call your local sales advisor and they can look up the build date. The for sure way is to physically look at the car for the front radar and side wheel well sensors. I understand that is hard to do on most cars listed online, and on all cars on the CPO site, since they are stock photos.

Even though some cars will have the hardware, I have heard there may be an additional charge to activate the autopilot software, if it was not originally paid for by the first owner. I can't confirm that 100% though.

Over a thousand posts on this thread. Ok, I'm going to read that some other time. For now:

I just found out Tesla Model S is on CPO for $50K.

I thought: Maybe I can finance that ...

Then I found out: I don't understand. Why does Tesla want a One Thousand Dollar deposit for filling out a credit application? That can't be right ... I'll have to look more into this.

Then, I researched: Followup: Ok, I sent an email to their financing team with that simple question. Let's see how this goes. There are $50K models around me.

Now, I'm coming to this thread for my next question:

Do CPO get government credits, from California or Fed? If not, then OK, but if so, then that would change the price outlook a LOT.

Also: CPO gets a big fat warranty, right?

Is there a place I can look all of this up? A sticky? A website? I can't find this information anywhere right now. All I know is the cumulative bits and pieces from time reading the forums, and it's incomplete and/or outdated for an actual shopper.

Over a thousand posts on this thread. Ok, I'm going to read that some other time. For now:

I just found out Tesla Model S is on CPO for $50K.

I thought: Maybe I can finance that ...

Then I found out: I don't understand. Why does Tesla want a One Thousand Dollar deposit for filling out a credit application? That can't be right ... I'll have to look more into this.

Then, I researched: Followup: Ok, I sent an email to their financing team with that simple question. Let's see how this goes. There are $50K models around me.

Now, I'm coming to this thread for my next question:

Do CPO get government credits, from California or Fed? If not, then OK, but if so, then that would change the price outlook a LOT.

Also: CPO gets a big fat warranty, right?

Is there a place I can look all of this up? A sticky? A website? I can't find this information anywhere right now. All I know is the cumulative bits and pieces from time reading the forums, and it's incomplete and/or outdated for an actual shopper.
First off, congrats on your impending purchase! and welcome!

No CPO models do not qualify for the Federal 7.5k tax credit. States vary, in California you will get nothing, in Colorado you will get 6k if the vehicle was never registered in the state of Colorado, as you can see, state incentives vary.

Yes you will get a 4 year 50k mile warranty.

edit: I see you are in California, so no there will be no state incentives