Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or are the CPO deals fewer and further between for all models? Lots of high mileage cars and a ton of 60s that have no business being priced over $50k. This car besides being an early VIN is the only one I'd consider being a good "value". 85 kWh Model S P02316 | Tesla Motors
pre Christmas deals were the best and since then the choices haven't been attractive IMHO. Thoughts on what's going on from corporate? Maybe the delay will get me an AP car if my patience can hold out.

Wshowell, I have ordered exactly what I wanted - description in signature below. But, I thought I would check and see if there were any CPOs that might fit the bill. NOTHING. There are a bunch of P85Ds from those that have to have the latest and greatest ludicrous mode and the 60s you mention, but if you want AP, you're spending $100k on a used P85D. Nothing in between. I guess I'll have to "settle" for the car I ordered. :)

Oh, I have asked my local sales team to see if they can find an inventory car that might match closely. I might save a little, but I'm not expecting a miracle.

Is it just me or are the CPO deals fewer and further between for all models? Lots of high mileage cars and a ton of 60s that have no business being priced over $50k. This car besides being an early VIN is the only one I'd consider being a good "value". 85 kWh Model S P02316 | Tesla Motors
pre Christmas deals were the best and since then the choices haven't been attractive IMHO. Thoughts on what's going on from corporate? Maybe the delay will get me an AP car if my patience can hold out.

I agree that the deals have worsened over the past 2 weeks or so. I noticed the overall inventory has gone down from about 520 to 465, so it seems like the cars are getting bought faster than new ones are coming onto the market. Seems like simple supply and demand is driving up the prices.

As to why the supply is going down or demand is going up, it would be hard to know for sure. Maybe the CPO site is getting more popular/well known? Maybe there haven't been many trade ins lately?

And where are CPO 85D's? I rarely see those.

Give it time. A couple factors control why they are more rare:
1. They began deliveries a few months after P85Ds, so they are a younger "model" to have hit the CPO market
2. They were never the "top of the line" model, so the buyers of them may be less likely to trade up soon.
-- Some P85D buyers may have bought that model for more than the Tesla experience or eco-friendliness. Not all of them, but some of them. Thus, this "crowd" is more likely to have traded in for a P90D or a "supercar" from another company.

This doesn't explain every scenario, but likely plays in role in why CPO 85Ds are more rare than CPO P85Ds.

Is it just me or are the CPO deals fewer and further between for all models?

So glad I got mine in December with the EOY deals. I'm subscribed to EV-CPO but haven't seen any deal since as good as what I got. Granted mine was an inventory that didn't appear on the site but my OA was able to find me a car I truly love driving every time I'm in it and am getting fed and state incentives for 2015.

contacting a Tesla OA might be another option to consider. Good luck!

I agree that the deals have worsened over the past 2 weeks or so. I noticed the overall inventory has gone down from about 520 to 465, so it seems like the cars are getting bought faster than new ones are coming onto the market. Seems like simple supply and demand is driving up the prices.

As to why the supply is going down or demand is going up, it would be hard to know for sure. Maybe the CPO site is getting more popular/well known? Maybe there haven't been many trade ins lately?

After complaining that there were no good deals, a car popped up today that was just what I was looking for so I pulled the trigger! Guess the squeaky wheel gets the greasin...

?

From what ive seen there was a noticeable drop in price back in November and December. Since then I haven't seen the same level of prices. It could have just been that there were higher mileage cars for sale back then. I think trade ins come in waves. As tesla was pushing to make year end sales goals on new cars this resulted in a large number of trade in s from customers. I would suspect that the next big push in cpo volumes will be when the x deliveries hit in full force or when the first leases expire.

After complaining that there were no good deals, a car popped up today that was just what I was looking for so I pulled the trigger! Guess the squeaky wheel gets the greasin...
It wouldn't have been a white P85 with AP was it? If so, you stole my car! J/K..:tongue:

I saw it posted and was waiting to get the approval from the wife and came back shortly after and it was gone...snooze you lose...

Congrats!
Specs?

I'm on a tighter budget than the average poster here so I ended up with a grey S85, 2013 with about 22K miles. Rear seats, leather, pano, and air suspension. Got it for 58,200. I don't think that it was the best deal ever, but it was exactly what I wanted so I pulled the trigger.

I really wanted the 85 battery, and I have 2 young kids who will fit in the rear seats for several years so that was a must for me. Needing rear seats really limits your selection, unfortunately, since less than 20% of the cars have it. I acknowledge the "cool factor" of autopilot and strongly considered getting a new 70, but the range of the 85 battery and saving another 12K was more important to me.

I got the alert from Hank's site, and within 20 minutes I put down my deposit.