Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem I've noticed with the tesla system is that you get much better deals thru private sellers but it seems that tesla holds you hostage with their non transferable extended warranty program or the inability for second owners to get extended warranties. But if you look really hard, you can find great deals out there from private sellers relative to tesla cpo. It's a little annoying.

Something is up with the ev-cpo website. There are only 125 cars right now. It seems like the prices are higher or all the lower priced cars in the $50-60k are "sold"?

See my post above. When I saw that happen, I immediately checked to see if there was a malfunction, but nope -- EV-CPO matches what's on the TM CPO site. Tesla is manipulating the inventory, as they are apt to do from time to time.

See my post above. When I saw that happen, I immediately checked to see if there was a malfunction, but nope -- EV-CPO matches what's on the TM CPO site. Tesla is manipulating the inventory, as they are apt to do from time to time.

Do they tend to "manipulate" the inventory a lot? We can't sell the more expensive CPO cars so we will remove the cheaper CPO cars. Classic. Why don't they just lower the price. Any P85 above $70k is too much in my opinion.

Do they tend to "manipulate" the inventory a lot? We can't sell the more expensive CPO cars so we will remove the cheaper CPO cars. Classic. Why don't they just lower the price. Any P85 above $70k is too much in my opinion.

Btw. Just a heads up. There is a unicorn on eBay. P85+ with autopilot. Every option. 4K miles. I was going to buy it but then decided on the awd. Can be had for low 80s. My only issue with it other than the awd was that tesla would currently give you 70k for it as a trade in. But sell it to you for 92k. Very big spread. But I still think it's a great deal for a 14 month car. And, for all the haters, it's not my car. I have zero connection to it. I'm just passing along info.

Btw. Just a heads up. There is a unicorn on eBay. P85+ with autopilot. Every option. 4K miles. I was going to buy it but then decided on the awd. Can be had for low 80s. My only issue with it other than the awd was that tesla would currently give you 70k for it as a trade in. But sell it to you for 92k. Very big spread. But I still think it's a great deal for a 14 month car. And, for all the haters, it's not my car. I have zero connection to it. I'm just passing along info.

If it is this one, he said he wanted close to list price.

Tesla Model s P85 Fully Loaded | eBay

Especially since unsold cars sitting there are depreciating assets, worth a little less every month, so why not price them realistically? I don't think anyone has cracked the Tesla code as it comes to rationale for CPO pricing.

Especially since unsold cars sitting there are depreciating assets, worth a little less every month, so why not price them realistically? I don't think anyone has cracked the Tesla code as it comes to rationale for CPO pricing.

Getting rid of the cars is not a priority. It's a marketing point and leverage (insert debate on whether its positive or negative) to help set pricing in the used market. Tesla code cracked! :p

I wonder if TM made a decision to sell all of those removed 200+ cars as "used." Maybe the margins weren't great, or they wanted to unload more as non-CPOs without making them all pristine, in addition to offering them with the 4/50k bumper-to-bumper.

Or somebody at TM fat-fingered something and accidentally deleted those cars from the site. :)

Is this confirmed? At many service center's it is apparently difficult to actually get a MS loaner and instead leave with an Enterprise Rental.
This also complicates the logistics of the program as the mileage and condition would be fluid.

Yes it is confirmed. However, remember that few locations are CPO hubs and in many situations, the location big enough to be a CPO hub is also big enough to previously been afforded a larger loaner fleet. So while there have been reports of CPOs as loaners, it is still not that common.

Personally, I think Tesla needs to just pull some of the older ones (or at least the ones that are "used" and cannot be CPOs) and send them to the busier stores that have to rent from Enterprise so they have can more permanent loaners. While I know they like to have newer cars with AP and such to use with the loaner fleet, I'm sure most owners would rather have a pre-AP S rather than an ICE as a loaner.