Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not a trick. Tesla needs more loaner cars. Where are they supposed to get them from? Enterprise? 300 extra cars spread out over all their service centers is nothing. They will soon add new inventory as the three year leases expire and people upgrade to the new AP vehicles. It will just take some time.

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN SNAGGED!

This is a good deal!

85 kWh Performance Model S P39584 | Tesla Motors

- - - Updated - - -

All I can do I shake my head :confused:

85 kWh Performance Model S P42243 | Tesla Motors

the only way that price difference makes sense at all is if the 422443 has autopilot sensors and 39584 does not. Even then the spread is way wider than it should be.

personally I'd rather have a 70D than either of these, AP and AWD vs the older car that probably degraded just enough to offset the 240 vs 265 mile range difference when new.

I'd rather have 19" wheels, AP, Dual motors than 21" wheels, staggered/offset tires, RWD.

Last edited:
Screen shots of what I considered "good deals" in December 2015

image.png
image.png

Last edited:
It's not a trick. Tesla needs more loaner cars. Where are they supposed to get them from? Enterprise? 300 extra cars spread out over all their service centers is nothing. They will soon add new inventory as the three year leases expire and people upgrade to the new AP vehicles. It will just take some time.

+ 1.

I bet we'd be at the same CPO inventory levels and price ranges within 2-3 months and there will be better cars on offer as more Ds show up as CPO cars. Anyone upset by this inventory reallocation should really take a deep breath and relax. This is a good thing they are doing in allocating more cars as loaners. Hundreds of additional CPO cars will be added back over the coming months so nothing is really "lost" for those looking to buy a CPO car.

+ 1.

I bet we'd be at the same CPO inventory levels and price ranges within 2-3 months and there will be better cars on offer as more Ds show up as CPO cars. Anyone upset by this inventory reallocation should really take a deep breath and relax. This is a good thing they are doing in allocating more cars as loaners. Hundreds of additional CPO cars will be added back over the coming months so nothing is really "lost" for those looking to buy a CPO car.

You are so optimistic. We will see by March or April what happens.

You are so optimistic. We will see by March or April what happens.

I absolutely fail to see how the inventory levels will not be where they were before long.

+ 3 year Model S leases are now coming back.
+ Customers will be trading in Model S for Model X in increasing numbers as Model X production ramps up.
+ Additional Model S customers will be trading in their cars for D Models.
+ Add all these up and hundreds of trade-ins will make their way to the Tesla CPO program.
+ The market has unchanged on what most CPO customers are willing to pay for a used Model S.

As has been suggested by others, relax and give it a couple of months. The CPO inventory will be better than ever in terms of inventory, features, and pricing before long.

Now seems to be not the best time to buy a CPO until the inventory expands and cars become available at the lower price points in the $40Ks and $50Ks as before.

So this is kind of, Twilight Zone like...

My car is in for annual service and LTE retrofit today, and they gave me a S85 loaner. P32355.

I thought to myself: "Self -- I wonder if this is an ex-CPO car?"... and since I maintain the history of all CPOs listed.. sure enough, this VIN was a CPO first listed on Jan 15th for $72,900.

See: EV CPO Consolidator ev-cpo.com

And then it was removed on Feb 18th as part of "The CPO Purge of 2016".

And as far as CPOs go, this car is in immaculate shape for roughly 32,000 miles. I definitely do not like the tan interior. Also driving a car that's about the same mileage as my P85+, but more than double in VIN count (15xxx versus 32xxx), shows a big difference in build quality. It's also just an "S" and not P or P+, so the ride is much smoother. And acceleration is really still pretty good for a S85 (much better than I expected). Sure, it doesn't snap your neck like my P85+ does from a stop, but once it gets up to 20mph and higher, it's almost the same.

It's also good to see a non-AP car with the latest firmware version, since I'm sure my car will be force-upgraded today during the service visit. :(

Have you driven a P85+? and the tire thing is an overblown issue.

P85+'s are amazing.

Yes, I drove a P85 and a P85+ back to back. The + is stiffer suspension and you notice a tighter turn when you accelerate hard from corners. Other than that, I didn't notice a huge difference.

I'm probably the only person who doesnt like to buy new tires every 15-20k miles.
You probably won't agree but I'd rather have a slower AWD with AP for the same price.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/660436194/overview/

Last edited: