Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are Inventory cars eligible for the Tesla referral credit of $1200?

Keep in mind the referal is not as good as before where they take that amount off the price. Now it is a credit for the electrical installation. For people who already have an EV and want to upgrade to the tesla, this is really moot. But hey something is most likely better than nothing.

I see Inventory Model S cars are a bit more expensive than ordering new. Their benefit is immediate availability.

I see CPO Model S cars generally lack AP, and/or dual motors.

It seems like eBay Model S prices are seriously higher than CPO or Inventory, by about $20K.

It seems like the only Model X's available are on eBay, at a ~$35K premium for early series models, and not much selection.

Here's my question: are those eBay prices for Model S's actually that much higher? Or, is there a hidden quality increase from using that system? (Disclosure: I've never bought or sold anything on eBay and don't know how it works.)

I'm actual in the process of buying one right now. They actually just subtract the $1200 from the cost of the car, regardless if you install a charger or not.

Yeah, noticed that too. But at the beginning, the pop-up message says "$1200 for charger installation". Then, the cash price shows $1200 less. I wasn't sure what happens at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

I see Inventory Model S cars are a bit more expensive than ordering new. Their benefit is immediate availability.

I see CPO Model S cars generally lack AP, and/or dual motors.

It seems like eBay Model S prices are seriously higher than CPO or Inventory, by about $20K.

It seems like the only Model X's available are on eBay, at a ~$35K premium for early series models, and not much selection.

Here's my question: are those eBay prices for Model S's actually that much higher? Or, is there a hidden quality increase from using that system? (Disclosure: I've never bought or sold anything on eBay and don't know how it works.)

Very few of those ebay listings sell at the high listing prices. You need to look at the max bids. Those who really want to sell price them fairly. Tesla's cpo car quality is actually better, as they recondition these to almost new condition.

Last edited:
I'm always happy to point out the obvious when the topic comes up :tongue:

But now that you know the obvious you can stop frowning about the prices :) And there really are still some great CPO deals to be had. Just not much in the $40-50K range as before.

Nothing below $60K right now. Only 3 listing under $65K. If you want a CPO right now, you really need a budget that goes up to at least $70K.