Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a CPO non AP P85. I might just be painting myself pretty pictures here, but it's possible there may be a niche of folks who will indefinitely value the old non-AP P85 cars. That particular niche of performance enthusiasts tend to prefer rear wheel drive even over all wheel drive, and like myself, probably don't care about auto-pilot and may also prefer the non-AP speedometer. As long as Tesla no longer offers a new rear wheel drive performance model, the old rear wheel drive performance models may eventually become a cherished segment.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
Once you go AP and AWD you'll nver go back. I did and it was awful.
I think it depends on where one lives. I'd dearly like to have AWD to deal with my steep, curved driveway in winter. Others in the sunbelt might be fine with RWD (and I must admit I do like that huge frunk).

On the other hand, AP may be very useful in cities and on freeways but it would be useless where I live since there are no multi-lane roads and many roads don't even have lines painted on them even when they are paved. The nearest multi-lane highway is 35 miles away and the nearest freeway is 100 miles away. This is the only US highway in my county:

25852815802_e6c4f3e479_c.jpg

US 550, known as the "Million Dollar Highway" (for historical reasons) between Ouray and Red Mountain Pass.

25878670831_06bff04d87_c.jpg

Model S at Bear Creek Falls Overlook

25852825132_402ae1d9c8_c.jpg

US 550, looking north. While the shoulders are wide here, which allowed me to stop to take the picture, in most places they are much narrower. Notice that there are no guardrails on this highway. That allows the avalanches to flow over the road and for the snow to be plowed off into the canyon. In places the hairpin turns are posted at 10 mph (but if you want to drive aggressively you can take them at 15-20 mph). Perhaps AP fans would like to try it out on this road but I'd rather not. And this road actually has lines painted on it that can be seen when there isn't any snow on the road, unlike most of the roads here.

25341063084_ae5992a2fc_c.jpg

Model S at Red Mountain Pass, 11,018 feet (3358 meters).

I'm guessing this was discussed several pages back, but I haven't found it yet, and haven't done the exercise of actually building a car to match the inventory cars on CPO. Are they at full price if they list 50 miles, or is there some discount for buying an inventory car? Just curious...I'm not in the market for a second MS.

I'm guessing this was discussed several pages back, but I haven't found it yet, and haven't done the exercise of actually building a car to match the inventory cars on CPO.
Are they at full price if they list 50 miles, or is there some discount for buying an inventory car? Just curious...I'm not in the market for a second MS.

The discount is calculated based on the mileage and age of the car. ($1/mile, $1000/month)
I purchased an Inventory car with only 5 miles and 2+ months old for a $2,400 discount. YMMV

The discount is calculated based on the mileage and age of the car. ($1/mile, $1000/month)
I purchased an Inventory car with only 5 miles and 2+ months old for a $2,400 discount. YMMV

Just to clarify, this is true of the cars now listed? It wasn't quite that clear cut when I purchased my inventory car 9 months ago. My car had 9 miles on it and was about 1 month old when I purchased, and the discount was ~$2k. This was before inventory cars were listed on the website. Others that I was offered had no discount at all. Guess maybe I'll have to build a comp and see how it plays out.

As the attention has turned to the Model 3, I am still here patiently awaiting the return of sub 50K CPO MS pricing. Maybe again in December? I really hope for something this summer. I have an in-line reservation in for the 3, but I don't know if I can do this for another two years...wife wants an Odyssey by this summer(ish) for our soon to be 6 member household, but if a CPO sub 50K Tesla with RFS and tech package comes in, we will go with that. The race is on! In all reality, it may be an Odyssey/Model 3 household in 2 years, and I'm okay with that. I do miss obsessing over this thread and ev-CPO, though...was so close to clicking BUY in Dec/Jan, too.

Yes, nothing exciting these days on the TM Preowned website or EV-CPO, unless you want a new car "off the lot" today.

I think the feeling is that yes, eventually we will see more real CPOs listed.

Otherwise, calling it the "Preowned" page on their website is pretty disingenuous of Tesla. Currently, only 16 cars are real CPOs out of 281 total listings. And the 16 that are left seem to be the runts of the litter from December, 2015.

Reactions: pchilds
What you get for the CPO prices vary pretty widely... For example:

P50284
Blue 85, ~20k miles, Pano, 19" Base, Tan Nappa, Obeche decor, Supercharging, Dual Chargers, Tech, UHFS, Cold Weather
$73,900

P36329
Blue P85, ~24k miles, Pano, 19" Cyclone, Black Nappa, Lacewood decor, Carbon Fiber spoiler, Red calipers, Supercharging, Dual Chargers, Tech, Air Suspension, UHFS, Cold Weather, Extended Nappa trim, Premium interior lighting
$74,200

P56393
Gray 85, 9k miles, Pano, 19" Cyclone, Gray performance leather, Carbon fiber decor, Supercharging, Dual Chargers, Tech, Cold Weather, Premium interior lighting
$74,100

I pulled the trigger on one shortly after the purge and the longer this drags on, the more glad I am that I did. I could have bought a low-end new Model S, but I really wanted CPO so I could get the option set I wanted.

Hopefully, CPO cars will start coming back at some point. Otherwise, Frank will have to change his domain name to ev-inv.com. :p But really, I'd like to see some lower cost CPO's come back, at least until it's closer to Model 3 production time. I'd like to see people have the option of a used S until the Model 3 is online.