Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do sell CPOs that have been in accidents or have other reported issues, but only with full disclosure up front. They are not listed on the public web site either, so you have to contact a CPO advisor to find one, and let them know you're OK with a car that has issues.

I asked my CPO adviser about these vehicles and he replied "We DO NOT sell cars without warranties". Not sure if he misinterpreted my question. Do these cars that have been in accidents still have a 2yr/4yr warranty from Tesla?

Yep, the cars with issues get the same warranty. If they can't warranty it they won't sell it.
Yes I've got a low mileage P85 coming that had a dent in the fender that is backed by the typical 4 year warranty.

If CPO vehicles get reconditioned wouldn't they fix something like a dent in the fender? Or are you paying less for simply "skipping" some/all of the reconditioning process?

Don TLR - mind if I ask the specs on your P85 and your purchase price/date? Also looking to get into a P85

Thanks for the replies.

If CPO vehicles get reconditioned wouldn't they fix something like a dent in the fender? Or are you paying less for simply "skipping" some/all of the reconditioning process?

Don TLR - mind if I ask the specs on your P85 and your purchase price/date? Also looking to get into a P85

Thanks for the replies.
It wasn't on the CPO listings because of the prior damage, nothing else was damaged just a fender and repaired.
P85 2014 Red Multi Coat, 19 Cyclone Wheels, Pano Roof, Perf Seats, CF Spoiler and decor w Red Brakes, Tech Package, High Fidelity Sound, Parking sensors, 31K miles for 53K
Just got a note it will be delivered next week,, Ordered a similar one on 7-23 then adviser found this one on 7-25 so I pulled the trigger then.

• Love
Reactions: tga
I mean you said they are running out of space so they are selling elsewhere. But Tesla ships CPO's all the time so how can they run out of space?
Well it costs quite a bit to ship cars, maybe tesla decided it's time to stop wasting money shipping cars and instead sell them locally using a popular internet tool.

Not many people know of tesla and even fewer know of the cpo program, so they decided to use the more well known source.

The plot thickens...Tesla now listing cars on AutoTrader. Some with actual pictures!
I'd assume these are CPO cars since they seem to be duplicates of ones found on EV-CPO.com Very limited details on the listings so far. They did just appear however...

They started listing cars in Fremont on Auto trader as well. Just out of sheer curiosity, I drove over there today to 'look' at these cars. Turns out, you can't. It's just a different avenue that they are advertising the cars with. If you were interested in these inventory cars, you still need to go through the Tesla website, do the deposit, and wait. I was hoping I could see the condition of these CPOs.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile
Just checking the Autotrader site for cars at Tesla Fremont -- it seems nearly useless and I'm impressed you got enough information to agree on a sale. They are using photos instead of renderings, but the photos are stock and repeated for multiple listings and sometimes don't even match the color. Then there is no way to find any of the options, wheel type, etc., even the biggest option of battery size! Also the warranty listed for all listed is "Original Warranty" and no mention of CPO. Finally for the first few I tried, I looked for the same car on Tesla's site and they didn't exist there so no way to correlate.

I agree 100% -- I would not have agreed until I was told what the specs were; knowing that it was, at the very least, a 60 due to its price level. I was shocked that it had more than what my current reservation was for - and at a cheaper price. That plus the assurance (not a guarantee, of course) that it would be available before my reservation car would be sold it for me.

I think regardless of how we consumers use AutoTrader and expect it to be used, Tesla is using it as a means to get attention with people looking for used Teslas to then begin a conversation with a Tesla sales rep. As such, one can understanding Tesla has not made purchasing the listed vehicle easy as that isn't their goal. Instead, they are simply dangling a carrot in front of us to get us "in the door" (or on the phone) w/ one of their reps.