Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is looking for a CPO P90DL, I've got a loaner of VIN: 126555. It's blue with tan next gen, pano, HiFi, suspension, spoiler, obeche, winter. The listing says it's got gray 21s, but the car is currently equipped with 19s. It seems to be in great condition and absolutely flies. Happy to share pics or gather additional info.

Model S P90D 5YJSA1E40GF126555 | Tesla

Do you remember what it was priced at then? I see this same car is on sale again for $70k now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone care to share thoughts on the value of miles in a CPO Model S? I'm not looking for "each additional mile on the car is worth $X less in price," but rather are there things I should be more concerned about in a CPO Model S at 40K miles vs. one at 23K miles?

Concretely, there are three cars that meet my current EV-CPO criteria. They're all essentially identical (although the least expensive one actually has the UHD sound, while the others do not). The price spread is $55.8K for the car with only 22.7K miles to $51.9K for the car with 40.6K miles.

Are there things to be particularly concerned about at/nearing 40K or 50K miles in a Tesla Model S, compared to 23K miles?

Thanks!

Hello,
More pointedly, is there point in time after which including "Premium Upgrade Package" in my EV-CPO hunter search is actually "hiding" cars that have those features?

Most likely not, as the PI01 option code for "Premium Upgrades Package" is still included in the option code list for 2020 cars, see below.

upload_2020-3-16_11-50-48.png

any idea how long before Model Ys will appear in EV-CPO? I know its a function of when they appear on the main Tesla inventory site.. just wondering how long.

I have no idea, of course. It's entirely up to Tesla to start listing them online (and I'm ready when they do). It probably won't be for a while until the pre-order backlog is mostly run through.

If I recall they held back selling used Model 3 until after the beginning of the Tax Credit phaseout, so June of 2018. That obviously isn't in play anymore, but I could see them holding out for a bit, at least a year.

Hello all,

I’ve appreciated all of your forbearance while I’m on this journey. I’d like to give something back. (I know this is going to sound dated, but get to the end to understand why.)

On Monday, 17 February, I pulled the trigger on a 2016 CPO Model S 75D S FSD; the website said it was in Mt. Kisko, NY. Before I did this, I had a couple of exchanges with a very helpful rep at Tesla, who explained that with me not being a NY resident (apparently a requirement for picking up a CPO Tesla in NY), Tesla would ship the car for free to NJ, where I could take delivery. (I’m in the DC area, and I’m reluctant to fork over $2K for delivery if I can get something I want from somewhere I can drive to.)

The next day, I got a note from Tesla trying to move my purchase forward. I was surprised that Tesla said “my” Tesla was actually in Texas, less than 24 hours after I’d put down my $100. What??!!

I e-mailed my contact. He confirmed the car was in Texas. He didn’t push back, though he invited me to send a screenshot of the Tesla page that showed the car had been in NY so he could take it up with Tesla’s web folks. (Unfortunately, I didn’t have it.)

As of 19 February, my contact at Tesla had offered to refund my $100. I also asked how I could be sure I avoided this again; he said that my experience should be a one-off, but I could contact him, and he could GPS verify the location before I put down a new deposit. But here are some of my observations and recommendations.
  • First, take screenshots of everything before you click on the button that seals your deposit. Once the deposit is paid, all access to that information goes away (or, at least I couldn't find it).
  • Second, you don’t need to pay separately for a CarFax report (as I did); Tesla will send you one. They’ll also send you pictures of the car, but—if you’re paranoid or just like control—take your own pictures before putting down the $100.
  • Third, lean forward and be in communication with your designated Tesla rep. Aside from this seeming hiccup, the experience with my Tesla rep has been positive so far.
Now, in case you’re wondering why it’s taken so long to post this, it actually took a few e-mail “reminders” to the Tesla rep to get my $100 back. But, I can now say that that $100 has been refunded as of last week, and the Tesla rep (Kyle) continues to be helpful as I try to get a Tesla amid Coronavirus.

Thanks,

Todd

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Hello Todd -- this is not uncommon and definitely not a "one off".

If you post or DM me the VIN, I can look in the archives to see if I have that page archived with the location. I know it doesn't do you any good now, but EV-CPO attempts to archive the page of every used and Inventory car listed. That archive is now over 40GB!

Also, the actual photos of the used cars is available on EV-CPO by clicking the red link in the 'color' column, although sales associates may have more photos internally.

Good luck finding your next Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
First of all, nice find. A Model S with FSD AND 4-year warranty!

When I was looking at my P85D, the pictures were not all useful. My biggest fear was curb rash, not for the rash per se, but what the curb rash meant for the condition of the tires. When I got it, it had new tires. I will get more door dings in Nashville, TN than it could possibly have

The used listings from Tesla are one of the best, low-risk values out there, but you really have to know what you are looking at. With the possibility to upgrade to MCU 2 at the time of HW3 upgrade, an FSD AP2.0 Model S and X become even more future-proof. Combine that with 4-year/50k warranty at less than $50k, what a deal!

Good luck!

Has anyone seen any guidance from Tesla on how to clean the interior of the car to disinfect any possible COVID-19 deposits? Though I'd think that would be a good thing in general, I'm asking in the (seemingly never ending) runup to a CPO purchase, when I'd want to thoroughly cleanse the car to guard against COVID-19. Thanks!