TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S CPU/GPU

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Spit, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Spit

Spit Member

Has the CPU/GPU been upgraded at all since the original 2012 models? Does it run the Tegra 3?

If so it must be due an upgrade soon.

2. travwill

travwill Member

No, doesn't seem so yet. 2012+ is the same in the S, and the X. Likely will remain the same throughout this generation of that shared platform or not have much more software extended to use something new. I'd expect something new in the Model III, and then next generation S/X.

-T

3. tom66

tom66 Member

Actually, I believe the main screen has been updated from Tegra3 to Tegra4, and the dashboard has been upgraded from Tegra2 to Tegra3, concurrent with the resolution update of the dashboard display. However, I've not seen any hard evidence for this, other than it being mentioned by the "hackers" that demonstrated a few security flaws with the Model S.

4. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

I also noted that the Defcon guys posted that the GPU had been upgraded to a Tegra 4. Seems as though they were incorrect, however:

MCU Hardware Revisons